Esteemed Contributor

Re: Qvc has over 150 beauty brands, but

I totally understand the business of retail contracts and I'm sure others here understand that too.  My perspective on QVC beauty is that it is perfectly acceptable for them to give the most airtime per month to brands which generate the largest profits to QVC.  That said, I contend that it might be a profitable surprise to management and a welcome change for the customers if at least one or two beauty hours per week (even per month would be ok) were dedicated to brands not often aired during the present beauty shows.  They could even give the show a cute name to distinguish this.  Sadly, this was what Friday and Tuesday Night Beauty were "originally" designed to be showcases for beauty products which were too small for hour long shows and were new to QVC, but those shows fell into being the same old presentations of IT, Philosophy, etc.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Qvc has over 150 beauty brands, but

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

I totally understand the business of retail contracts and I'm sure others here understand that too.  My perspective on QVC beauty is that it is perfectly acceptable for them to give the most airtime per month to brands which generate the largest profits to QVC.  That said, I contend that it might be a profitable surprise to management and a welcome change for the customers if at least one or two beauty hours per week (even per month would be ok) were dedicated to brands not often aired during the present beauty shows.  They could even give the show a cute name to distinguish this.  Sadly, this was what Friday and Tuesday Night Beauty were "originally" designed to be showcases for beauty products which were too small for hour long shows and were new to QVC, but those shows fell into being the same old presentations of IT, Philosophy, etc.  

Respectfully, several hours of smaller and/or "indie" beauty brands are aired on QVC per week, they are just overshadowed by the bigger revenue makers.

Unfortunately actuaries that crunch the numbers for corporate are not reliant on "profitable surprises" - they are willing only to be guaranteed sales based on analysis.  This is how retail works.