Honored Contributor

Re: Qvc and IT has dropped the ball on the new IT foundation

@Teddixat....Sephora....Make up Forever, you might try that brand.  You can build coverage and it is a thinner application.  I like it but there is no SPF in it so I am sticking with the IT CC cream, I don't feel it is to thick and I really like the 50 SPF.

I had a color match done at Sephora and she was spot on with the color sample, and I think it gave me a sligh dewy finish --it was nice

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ccassaday

I have tried their cc cream with SPF 50 and I think it is too thick/  Then I tried another foundation that has kind of a sponge in the compact and it was supposed to be full coverage, but it isn't and their foundation feels like foundation.   I am still looking for a foundation with good coverage that doesn't feel like it on my face. Does anyone have any suggestions.  I usually am a medium tan or tan

@Teddixat, I absolutely love the Tarte Tinted BB Primer.  You can get it here for $40.00 with the brush or $36.00 without.  Or check around because a lot of times other places have a better deal, including Tarte's website.  I had that foundation matching thing done at Sephora and this was one they put me in.  I never would have tried it because I like coverage but not heavy and I don't want to feel it on my face.  I have gone through a number of tubes of this, I like it that much.

For a really nice, cheap, liquid foundation I really like Wet N Wild Photo Focus Foundation.  It comes in a ton of shades and is about $6.00 from the drugstore. 

For reference, I have skin on the dry side but with an oilier t-zone.  I don't have a problem with either of these leaving my forehead or chin greasy feeling which happens with some foundations. 

Trusted Contributor

Has anyone here tried this particular IT foundation?  Is it lighter in texture than their CC cream? 

Contributor

I tried the new Estee Lauder Double Wear Nude liquid foundation.  It is water fresh makeup with spf of 50.  Has assortment of shades.  Very nice and not heavy or cakey

Super Contributor

wrote:

Has anyone here tried this particular IT foundation?  Is it lighter in texture than their CC cream? 

I am curious about this too. However, I love the cc so it would have to be a real upgrade for me to want to switch. I like to mix two shades, I wonder if the foundation is the same way. Strange that they limited the shade selection. I thought the additional shades would be the greatest benefit.

For the cc cream fans, QVC has a great set now that includes the cc with my other favorite, bye bye pores and a brush.

Honored Contributor

No pink tones, no order from me.  Neutrals don't  work for me. I don't even watch the shows anymore.  I can sympathize with women of color who have been ignored for years.  I'm now with them.  BE original is still my go-to.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When I want a fuller coverage foundation (rarely), I use IT CC Foundation in Fair...surprised that the match was spot on.

From my years w/ Bobbi Brown, I learned that a slightly yellow based foundation warms the complexion and yellow (note yellow tinged correctors) counteracts any redness in the skin. I still use her Tinted Moisturizer Balm SPF (w/ my SPF underneath) and her foundation stick for touching up around nose & red areas, etc. 

It does take getting used to a yellow base foundation, but I’d rather go there than pink undertones that tend to look flushed or go orange on me.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@ccassaday

I have tried their cc cream with SPF 50 and I think it is too thick/  Then I tried another foundation that has kind of a sponge in the compact and it was supposed to be full coverage, but it isn't and their foundation feels like foundation.   I am still looking for a foundation with good coverage that doesn't feel like it on my face. Does anyone have any suggestions.  I usually am a medium tan or tan

@Teddixat  When I use the CC cream, I either use a damp makeup brush which sheers it out or a trick I learned from a Chanel mua. Apply moisturizer w/ your foundation brush, then it gives the foundation some slip & thins it out because there’s still some moisturizer left in/on brush.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus I might try that tip. 

Super Contributor

This is like the cc cream but a tad lighter in texture but the same coverage, sometimes the cc cream can be thicker and goopy... I think it is more natural looking and  i love the Cc cream but this is a tad better. I love this so much. the best foundation in ever... and it has spf 50..   Plus it is good for your skin. I have been waiting for this forever to come to QVC. They had a noncompete with Quthy Ranker so now they can finally bring it. Smiley Happy