Respected Contributor

Questions on 2 Vit. C Products

I am thinking of purchasing Paula's Choice Resist Vit.C 15% or Timless Vit.C 20%. I have used a few other brands in the past that I did not like, either they dryed me out too much or irritated my normal/dry skin type.                                                                                                                                                       My question is for the ladies who have used either or both products, Which product do you prefer and why? ThankyouSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Questions on 2 Vit. C Products

@Kabella, I have only used Paula's Choice and can highly recommend. My skin is very dry and this did not dry me out. My only concern is that I thought that Vitamin C should not be exposed to the air. Since this comes in a dropper bottle, I was concerned that the air was affecting the potency. Maybe someone with more expertise can comment on this. Currently I am using Drunk Elephant Vitamin C which is pricey but it comes in a pump. 

Honored Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Kabella, I have only used Paula's Choice and can highly recommend. My skin is very dry and this did not dry me out. My only concern is that I thought that Vitamin C should not be exposed to the air. Since this comes in a dropper bottle, I was concerned that the air was affecting the potency. Maybe someone with more expertise can comment on this. Currently I am using Drunk Elephant Vitamin C which is pricey but it comes in a pump. 

@Tricolor the dropper bottle she uses has an air restrictor in it so that the product doesn't get exposed to air like a traditional dropper bottle system does so that the product is protected. Here is more info on that from her website:

"I received my RESIST C15 Super Booster, but the internal air restrictor isn’t in the bottle—it’s on the dropper. How do I insert it?
The internal air restrictor, as you noticed, is now packaged separately to reduce the likelihood of the bottle leaking during transit. There are two ways to insert it into your C15, and both are easy!

Option #1: Remove the cap from your C15, insert the dropper (do not remove the air restrictor from the glass stem), and screw the dropper cap closed. The cap will appear to tilt unevenly, but keep screwing it down and the internal air restrictor will snap into place.

Option #2: Remove the cap from your C15, and then pull the air restrictor off the glass stem of the dropper. Push the pointed end of the air restrictor into the open C15 bottle, applying pressure until it snaps into place."

HTH!

Paula's has never irritated my skin and most Vitamin C products do, especially L-ascorbic acid based vitamin C products. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze, thank you so much. Good to know. I was just concerned everytime I would use the product. 

Respected Contributor

Hi @Tricolor, when I didn't get a quick response. I looked at Hot n Flash on you tube & she explained that the rim on Paula's choice makes it more air tight & also that it lasts longer then Timeless before it oxidizes. She liked it but explained why she thought Timeless 20% is better than 15% & also what she does is put half in the fridge & the other half she leaves out & in that way it last longer for her. She also explained the ingred. decks in the most expensive brands which were on par with those 2 that I mentioned.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze Looks like Paula's could work for me also.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella

• I haven't tried Paula's Choice but I'm currently using the Timeless vitamin c serum and did what Angie on hot & flashy did (split it up into 2 bottles). I just pulled he second bottle out of the fridge last week. I opened the original bottle on Feb 1st and the serum is still clear (no oxidation). I decided to try a different vitamin c serum when I run out of the Timeless,  to see if I like the SAP type of vitamin c because that form is supposedly more stable and doesn't oxidize as quickly. Also, this one comes in an opaque bottle with a pump. I looked it up when another poster mentioned it and I was impressed with the ingredients.  It's by Retseliney.  Very reasonably priced too. I must say I've had decent results with the Timeless but nothing too dramatic. It didn't irritate my skin but my skin isn't particularly sensitive and it's not dry either. I hope you find something that works for you. ☺
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse Thankyou & for the referralSmiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I have used both Paula's Choice and Timeless vitamin C products and I would say I like them equally.  Neither one irritated my skin and they both brightened my complexion.  I've never had either one oxidize.  With all things being equal in my mind, I choose the Timeless because it is much more reasonably priced.  I put half of mine in the fridge to increase the shelf life and with twice daily use, I have to replace the bottle about every four months.  HTHs.

Respected Contributor

I'm very happy with Timeless C...I keep it refrigerated to keep it fresh, and does not crystallize. I get mine on amazon for $16...basic ingredients, not a whole long list of lab made stuff....I don't use paulas choice.