Esteemed Contributor

Re: Questions for Dimitri Dazzlers

@Gokat wrote:

As an oldie-but-goody Skinn user I make use of the bay regularly.  When kits come along with new items where I don't use the other items...it's a nice and cost-effective option as well as for standalones of my favorites. HTH'sWoman Happy

@Gokat LOL--Is that the next step after being a Dazzler?! I didn't buy much this visit, but I did make a stop at the bay to finish my shopping for single items & free s/h! Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Well, we both know I turned 28 on me last birthday, @sommertime ...so it seems I musta nursed on the stuff outta the womb!!Woman LOL  Dazzling forevuh here!!

Only the Vin Noir sparked some attention here this time, but I have such a stash of REB that I'll wait a bit on that one. 

Yes ma'am...the bay always gets its share from me, too dontchaknow!Woman Wink 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:
The first Skinn product I ever bought was the Dermappeal. The results were immediate. It is an amazing skin polisher that will prep your face for anything you put on it next. I would not be without it. It's on special right now in a kit: 312-263. Or you can find the 4 oz size on eBay. Have fun!

Well, boo...it's sold out.  I did find it on eBay.  Thank you for the tip!  Question...I use a daily AHA (5%) and a weekly AHA (10%) from Paula's Choice.  Can I use the Dermappeal, too, or would that be overkill?  If I can use it, too...how should I incorporate it?

I don't know, since I've never used a chemical type of peel rather than a "mechanical" one. Has anyone else had experience using both? My feeling is that since the Dermappeal is only a quick rub-and-wash-off product that doesn't cause ANY irritation (not to me anyway), it would prep the skin for whatever subsequent daily AHA product I would apply on next. Expert Dazzlers, please chime in!

Trusted Contributor

@Bluecage wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:
The first Skinn product I ever bought was the Dermappeal. The results were immediate. It is an amazing skin polisher that will prep your face for anything you put on it next. I would not be without it. It's on special right now in a kit: 312-263. Or you can find the 4 oz size on eBay. Have fun!

Well, boo...it's sold out.  I did find it on eBay.  Thank you for the tip!  Question...I use a daily AHA (5%) and a weekly AHA (10%) from Paula's Choice.  Can I use the Dermappeal, too, or would that be overkill?  If I can use it, too...how should I incorporate it?

I don't know, since I've never used a chemical type of peel rather than a "mechanical" one. Has anyone else had experience using both? My feeling is that since the Dermappeal is only a quick rub-and-wash-off product that doesn't cause ANY irritation (not to me anyway), it would prep the skin for whatever subsequent daily AHA product I would apply on next. Expert Dazzlers, please chime in!

Dimitri has stated not to do a peel and Dermappeal on the same day.  I use the ABC peel once in a while, but I also use a gylcolic pad a few times a week.  I use Dermappeal 1 or 2 times a week, but never use any peel products on the same day I use Dermappeal.  So far no issues.  I guess all depends on your skin - everyone is different.   

Honored Contributor

@Bluecage wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:

@Bluecage  & @Ainhisg  I'm a DermAppeal user, but I also use other methods of exfoliation.  At night I use the Translucence Resurfacing Concentrate.  In the AM, I'll do a DermAppeal a few times a week, using it all over my face and down my neck and decolette.  On those mornings I do not use an additional AHA product.  On the in-between days when I'm not doing the DermAppeal, I use a 14% AHA pad after my morning cleanse.  One day on the weekend, I'll do a stronger peel - either the Skinn ABC Triple Action Peel or the Michael Todd Wild Berry Exfoliating Peel.  

Respected Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:

Dimitri has stated not to do a peel and Dermappeal on the same day.  I use the ABC peel once in a while, but I also use a gylcolic pad a few times a week.  I use Dermappeal 1 or 2 times a week, but never use any peel products on the same day I use Dermappeal.  So far no issues.  I guess all depends on your skin - everyone is different.   

I agree with @nycgrl .  This one has always been presented as a "home microdermbrasion" product so I wouldn't exfoliate further or peel on the same day as Dermappeal.   The recommended usage is twice weekly and increasing as needed.

I always follow either Dermappeal or peeling with a replenishing cocktail of some Skinn Serums (Huile Nutri-Vital Intense and Hydro-Surge mixed) I have dry skin here so need the replenishment and it feels sooo good. These are available at Skinn.com, if anyone is wanting them. HTH's

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:

Hi @Ainhisg! I am a big time exfoliator...I have tough skin and knowing how our turnover slows down after 30 (I am 47 almost 48) I keep up on it daily...I use PC 2% BHA liquid at night (I alternate with SSC Mega Force), I use SSC Glycolic extreme peel once a week, Dimitri's ABC once a week (different day of course) and I dermapeel 2x a week...my skin has never looked better! Not knowing your skin type/needs, I would say start slowly, maybe dermappeal once a week at first to see how it goes, then you could move to 2x a week...I like mixing chemical and manual exfoliation methods myself and find for my skin, it gives me the best results...I don't peel/use glycolics on dermappeal days.

I also do use D's TRC (translucense resurfacing concentrate) which is a gently enyzme based exfoliator (I have Isomers enzyme eye peel and face peel too which uses the same bacillus ferment as TRC) these exfoliators break the bonds that hold dead skin onto the face but don't affect fresh, healthy skin cells...Highly recommend adding this to your regimen (find them on the bay for best prices-free ship)  HTH's

Trusted Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

I can help get you going in the right direction (and highly recommend starting with one of these)!Woman Wink

Whatever you do, please don't pay the price of the name brand as the technology, as usual over time, has produced quality dupes at much more reasonable price points.  There are several threads and recommendations right here on this forum so just go above to the "Search Forums & Blogs" and search on Foreo Luna Dupes and you'll see several threads.  I recommend the "I'm impressed" for a starter for some items on Amazon (search Facial Cleansing Device) that are tried and true.  I have a dupe here and love it.  It will help your skincare, no matter what brand, absorb much better and deeper for better and speedier results.Woman Wink  You don't need to pay over a maximum of $20 now.  One for the good guys!!!Woman LOL

PS...To clarify...the Sonic Infuser is a device Dimitri brought to market way before the Foreo Lunas appeared so the dupes I recommend above are the way to go now as they perform both deep cleansing and sonic infusion (for your skincare).  HTH's 

@GokatI have a Clarisonic but have never really liked it.  I've used it for 6 years, and it is still going strong, which I guess is good unless you want it to die.  lol  At any rate, it is in need of new brushes, which gives me the perfect excuse to buy the Luna Dupe!  And I have Amazon Prime, so it will be here in two days.  I am excited to see that both sides are used...one for cleansing and one for better treatment application.  What speed do you use for treatment application?  Low?  Thank you so much!!!!

Ooh yes you must get the dupe...I can't thank @JeanLouiseFinch Heart enough when she posted the link for it on Amazon...I had a Luna and it had died so I bought the dupe..it is still going strong on the first charge...I use it every day and night...love Heart... 

search Doocooler silicone skin on amazon...that is the brand I bought and it is fantastic! 18 bucks and free prime ship...heck, I may order another, just in case Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg is faster than a speeding bullet, @Krissy_1968 !  She already has one on the way!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Bluecage wrote:

Hi @Ainhisg! I am a big time exfoliator...I have tough skin and knowing how our turnover slows down after 30 (I am 47 almost 48) I keep up on it daily...I use PC 2% BHA liquid at night (I alternate with SSC Mega Force), I use SSC Glycolic extreme peel once a week, Dimitri's ABC once a week (different day of course) and I dermapeel 2x a week...my skin has never looked better! Not knowing your skin type/needs, I would say start slowly, maybe dermappeal once a week at first to see how it goes, then you could move to 2x a week...I like mixing chemical and manual exfoliation methods myself and find for my skin, it gives me the best results...I don't peel/use glycolics on dermappeal days.

I also do use D's TRC (translucense resurfacing concentrate) which is a gently enyzme based exfoliator (I have Isomers enzyme eye peel and face peel too which uses the same bacillus ferment as TRC) these exfoliators break the bonds that hold dead skin onto the face but don't affect fresh, healthy skin cells...Highly recommend adding this to your regimen (find them on the bay for best prices-free ship)  HTH's

Thank you for the info!  That gives me a place to start.  I feel an order or Dermapeel coming my way as soon as I get off here.  lol  When/how often do you use the TRC?  Thank you so much!