Respected Contributor

Re: Questions for Dimitri Dazzlers

@Gokat wrote:

I can help get you going in the right direction (and highly recommend starting with one of these)!Woman Wink

Whatever you do, please don't pay the price of the name brand as the technology, as usual over time, has produced quality dupes at much more reasonable price points.  There are several threads and recommendations right here on this forum so just go above to the "Search Forums & Blogs" and search on Foreo Luna Dupes and you'll see several threads.  I recommend the "I'm impressed" for a starter for some items on Amazon (search Facial Cleansing Device) that are tried and true.  I have a dupe here and love it.  It will help your skincare, no matter what brand, absorb much better and deeper for better and speedier results.Woman Wink  You don't need to pay over a maximum of $20 now.  One for the good guys!!!Woman LOL

PS...To clarify...the Sonic Infuser is a device Dimitri brought to market way before the Foreo Lunas appeared so the dupes I recommend above are the way to go now as they perform both deep cleansing and sonic infusion (for your skincare).  HTH's 

@GokatI have a Clarisonic but have never really liked it.  I've used it for 6 years, and it is still going strong, which I guess is good unless you want it to die.  lol  At any rate, it is in need of new brushes, which gives me the perfect excuse to buy the Luna Dupe!  And I have Amazon Prime, so it will be here in two days.  I am excited to see that both sides are used...one for cleansing and one for better treatment application.  What speed do you use for treatment application?  Low?  Thank you so much!!!!

Respected Contributor

It'll soon be available as a single for you, @sparklestar; but you are right.  Dimitri nearly always introduces new products through kits to give us all an opportunity to purchase them at the best price going in.  I know some like to purchase their items singly so I recommend keeping an eye out at the bay.  There's a whole cottage industry of Skinn resellers there that purchase these TTV (and other) kits for resale and can still offer them at very competitive pricing. HTH"sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

@Gokat thank you!  I just started purchasing and I've already purchased four kits so I wanted to go easy this month.  But then I saw that new product and I was like "I must stop."  I'm very impressed with this line.  I actually threw out ALL my other products because I would start using them and lose interest because I saw no results.  This line is different.  I think the only thing I have not liked is the Enlightened Radiance Line.  I really wanted to be "radiant" but nothing happened.

Respected Contributor

@Bluecage wrote:
The first Skinn product I ever bought was the Dermappeal. The results were immediate. It is an amazing skin polisher that will prep your face for anything you put on it next. I would not be without it. It's on special right now in a kit: 312-263. Or you can find the 4 oz size on eBay. Have fun!

Well, boo...it's sold out.  I did find it on eBay.  Thank you for the tip!  Question...I use a daily AHA (5%) and a weekly AHA (10%) from Paula's Choice.  Can I use the Dermappeal, too, or would that be overkill?  If I can use it, too...how should I incorporate it?

Respected Contributor

Oh boy!  Good for you, @Ainhisg !  Get ready for a real treat.  Cleansing will take on a whole new "spa-like" meaning now...and you'll be tearing yourself away from this little gadget, mark my words.  Woman Wink

With my personality...the higher the speed the better!!Woman LOL  Just kidding.  I tend to use the higher speed for cleansing and go lower for the sonic infusion, but there really isn't a defined recommendation so I say whatever you find works best for you.  I've been using mine for a couple of years now so take that into consideration. 

So pleased for you, and what a great way to start on your new skincare ventures...ready to get the most from whatever you decide on!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I really want to thank everyone for your recommendations and advice.  I am feeling much more comfortable with the line and am making a list of products to purchase.

Trusted Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@Gokat thank you!  I just started purchasing and I've already purchased four kits so I wanted to go easy this month.  But then I saw that new product and I was like "I must stop."  I'm very impressed with this line.  I actually threw out ALL my other products because I would start using them and lose interest because I saw no results.  This line is different.  I think the only thing I have not liked is the Enlightened Radiance Line.  I really wanted to be "radiant" but nothing happened.

@sparklestar - I'm sorry that you don't like the radiance line.  I use it everyday a.m. only and have since it debuted.  It takes a long time to see results since it is a targeted brightening system.  It has helped me with my sunspots - they are not completely gone yet, but they are definitely much less noticeable.  Considering what I put my skin through back in the day, I'm shocked anything was able to help.  Glad to hear you like the other products.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry the Enlightened Radiance group let you down, @sparklestar .  I don't want to detour @Ainhisg 's thread too far off subject, but that group is targeted toward uneven skintone and spot lightening for those of us challenged by that issue. 

I know the "radiance" in the demos can be enticing and draw us off the main target.  Those are slower-to-show-results products so aren't for everyone.  I can vouch for them based on my own results using them here in their earlier formulations.  I was able to wean myself off after using for approximately two years here (balanced skintone and sunspots gone BTW). Woman Wink 

Without knowing anything about your skincare challenges/needs, I'll just share that my real "radiance" came with the Deep Wrinkle Protocol group...using all of it as it was introduced. The "glow" was palpable after only using the Translucence Resurfacing Concentrate, Age Reset Serum and ABC Peels as they were introduced for a reasonably short period.  Of course, I use both cremes as well.

As an oldie-but-goody Skinn user I make use of the bay regularly.  When kits come along with new items where I don't use the other items...it's a nice and cost-effective option as well as for standalones of my favorites. HTH'sWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@Gokat sorry for not staying on topic.  Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

Oh, @sparklestar, that was a "thinking out loud" moment here and meant more for me, not you.  My etiquette can sometimes slip with my enthusiasm so I'm working on it here!Woman Wink