Respected Contributor

Questions for Dimitri Dazzlers

Good morning!  Over the weekend, I started reading the Skinn September Spoilers thread and got very interested in Skinn products as I have never tried them before.  I watched some of the shows, but there were so many products talked about on the thread and shown on the shows that I ended up not purchasing anything as I was confused about what to try.  I want to be ready for his next appearance and know what to buy, so I need some advice please!

I am 53, normal to dry skin, and have four areas of concern:
1) a few dark spots
2) the nose to chin area:  wrinkles from nose to mouth, minor marionette lines, a couple of wrinkles on either side of my chin...ALL these wrinkles are because I sleep on my side (trying to break myself of that) so they are mostly mechanical
3) no neck wrinkles except a little bit of crepy skin going vertically in front

4) eyes:  inner dark circles, undereye bags over the dark circles, droopy eyelids, minor crowsfeet and under eye wrinkling

I also would love to try his makeup but am not sure what to get in it either.  I don't like anything that feels like a mask and don't want to look made-up, but would like the dark spots covered and skin evened out.

Any skin care and make-up you could recommend would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Questions for Dimitri Dazzlers

Good morning @Ainhisg - I'm sure you'll get many responses and suggestions from all the Dazzlers.  My recommendations would be to start slowly with what Dimitri calls his non-negotiables (cleansers, skin softening essence, derm appeal).  He will probably have a kit like that for the holidays.

As for the dark spots, I would suggest his essential radiance products with vitamin C.  For wrinkles I would suggest his deep wrinkle protocol line (the blue line) - specifically his translucence resurfacing, age reset serums and creme reverse.  For the neck I would suggest Chin-Up Pro in Redensify with the neck amour.  For the dark under eye circles I would suggest Hylighten. I would also highly recommend his lip products - specifically the lip 6X balms and lip serum at night.  None of these products work immediately, but they do work over a period of time.  Consistency is key.

I don't really wear much make-up so I wouldn't be able to recommend make-up items.  I do use his BB cream and lip pallets.

Respected Contributor

@nycgrl, thank you very much for your detailed reply, and I am glad to know that there will possibly be a kit coming along with some of your recommended products.  I will make note of everything you recommended, so I can be ready to shop.  

Honored Contributor

I would start with the skincare kits first. I LOVE his cleansers and use them every day. Not a fan of the make up, altho the mascara is pretty good and I do use his bb cream. But start slowly with cleansers, moisturizers, serums and eye cream. Otherwise it is so easy to go crazy and get too much. I am 62, sahara dry skin year round but very few lines/wrinkles. And it does take awhile to notice much but it is instant feel good on your skin. I also use the Luna on my face in the a.m. and then the Clarisonic at night---that made an enormous difference in how all these products sink in and really do their thing. And I exfoliate 2x a week too.

Respected Contributor

The only thing I would add to @nycgrl 's recommendations for the lip/nasal labial fold area is the Lip Stem Rejen Elite Serum as that is a really good one for attacking those lines/wrinkles in that area.  If you own a sonic infuser or Foreo Luna and/or dupe, use that right over the serum application to that whole lip/NL area for a speedier result.

I also recommend that slow and steady entry to Skinn is a smarter way to go starting with the basics...the non-negotiables @nycgrl mentions and perhaps a basic serum and moisturizer kit.  Based on what you've given us, I would probably recommend starting with Enlightened Radiance...the Concentrate, Serum, and the moisturizer. 

Now that you have a starter list, you can watch the shows and research Evine's site with them in mind and select according to your own priorities and budget.  Nobody knows your skin like you do.  The Skinn threads and the Dazzlers are a good place to come when you have questions regarding any of the items on your list, feedback on some of those items beyond the videos and reviews at Evine...and, of course, we're always sleuthing for Skinn BARGAINS!!Woman LOL

Thank you so much for providing some details for all of us,  @Ainhisg, as it makes it so much easier to hone in on your specific needs and the best Skinn has to offer for them.  If you have questions as you work your way through the suggested products, please feel free to ask them on the active thread.  We have quite a bunch of Skinn users here, and we're all more than happy to help whenever we can!  HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

@Gokat, my word...I feel very welcomed, and thank you for your detailed reply!  I am going to have to research the tools you mentioned...the Luna and sonic infuser.  If you have any direction you can point me for those (best price/site, brand, etc.) it would be most appreciated.

Since I'm not even a sparkler yet...lol...I will need all the help I can get.  I am currently using Paula's Choice but am looking to expand my horizon with different brands and products.  I just received a few targeted Signature Club A products and so far...like what they have done to targeted areas but since I never did anything specific for these areas before, they had nowhere to go but up.  lol

Thanks, again!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can help get you going in the right direction (and highly recommend starting with one of these)!Woman Wink

Whatever you do, please don't pay the price of the name brand as the technology, as usual over time, has produced quality dupes at much more reasonable price points.  There are several threads and recommendations right here on this forum so just go above to the "Search Forums & Blogs" and search on Foreo Luna Dupes and you'll see several threads.  I recommend the "I'm impressed" for a starter for some items on Amazon (search Facial Cleansing Device) that are tried and true.  I have a dupe here and love it.  It will help your skincare, no matter what brand, absorb much better and deeper for better and speedier results.Woman Wink  You don't need to pay over a maximum of $20 now.  One for the good guys!!!Woman LOL

PS...To clarify...the Sonic Infuser is a device Dimitri brought to market way before the Foreo Lunas appeared so the dupes I recommend above are the way to go now as they perform both deep cleansing and sonic infusion (for your skincare).  HTH's 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg Welcome to the Dazzlers! You sound just like me before I started on Skinn. I watched Dimitri for several visits as I was over-whelmed by all the products he offered. I finally jumped in on one of his 'kits" which is a good way & bargain to start.  I listened to him describe what type of skin he made each of his lines for, so I could purchase what was needed for my skin type.

You have already received great advice here. I will adress the dark circles and say one word, Hylighten! Dimitri did not really talk about this this visit, so look for it. He made this specifically for his neice and it does work over time. Don't expect any miracles or instant face lift on Skinn care. I like the fact that his eye creams can be used under and over the eye lids. I have really noticed a difference doing this.

I don't use much makeup now days, because my skin is looking very good after much needed care to my skin. I like a light look so I used his powder, just tried the Dream Finish, over my skin instead of a heavy foundation. D also makes a bright side spot treatment for those dark spots, which will help to fade in time. Eye shadow is long wearing, but be careful as a little goes a long way, they are heavily pigmented. 6x lip balm and I am all set to go!

Before long you will sparkle and then become a full Dazzler! Woman Very Happy

Regular Contributor

The first Skinn product I ever bought was the Dermappeal. The results were immediate. It is an amazing skin polisher that will prep your face for anything you put on it next. I would not be without it. It's on special right now in a kit: 312-263. Or you can find the 4 oz size on eBay. Have fun!
Respected Contributor

Does he ever sell his products individually or are they always part of a kit?  He showed a new product, Collagenesis Vin Noir Anhydrous Relief Eye Balm - 0.5 oz, but you have to purchase that entire kit.