Honored Contributor

Re: Questions About Argan Oil

@WinkkYou want a cold pressed oil.  Josie's argan oil light is nice because it absorbs faster.  I actually prefer Marula oil.  I buy my oils from Acure Organics at iherb.com.  Josie's Argan Milk is wonderful.  It absorbs quickly and makes your face feel soft and supple.  Your oil is applied after the Milk.  Applying oil - place a drop in your hand and rub together and pat on face then you don't feel like a grease ball.  lol  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

JM was the first argan oil I ever tried. I love it, even on my combo/oily skin that breaks out from every other thing. I do not find it moisturizing, but it is soothing & seems to help healing when my skin is irritated or broken out from other things.

I was having a hard time finding something to remove my makeup that wasn't too harsh or would make me break out.

I started using the argan oil to break down my makeup & then I can clean my skin with my FAB Face Cleanser, so I did try some other brands to save money.

Shea Terra Brand is fine, but it has a stronger odor than any other brand I have tried.

Acura is fine, but still a bit more expensive than other brands.

Pur d' Or (I order it from CVS with a 30% off coupon) makes all of the right claims & is inexpensive, bur for some reason it makes me break out!!

So, my 2nd favorite brand is Shea Moisture. I get it from Ulta when they have the BOGO 50% off. I keep a bottle in my shower for makeup remover. A bottle in my sink cabinet for makeup remover/soother for breakouts & I have 4 bottles in my refrigerator right now.

I do love the Argan Milk. It is the perfect lightweight moisturizer for me. I use it at night or during the day if I am feeling drier. It is too much moisture for my skin regularly, under makeup, but sometimes in the winter it works okay.

Trusted Contributor

i tried her argan oil once, and i broke out every single day from it. large, painful zits. i gave it a chance in spite of that, but when it was doing harm and absolutely no good, i threw it away. i have combination skin. my sisters-in-law didn’t think it was anything great either. 

Regular Contributor

I use an organic brand called glonaturals. It works amazingly well and is so much cheaper. I use as soon as I get out of the shower and then put my body cream/moisturizer on over it, but I have very dry skin and need both layers. If you have more normal or oily skin you may not need the lotion. You can get it at vitacost dot com.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Josie's Argan Oil but last year I bought some on Zulilly for like 1/4 of the price. Larger bottles. It is also pure and checks all the boxes. I believe it is exactly the same. It's called Pura d'Or and even the packaging is nicer than Josie's. Nice pump and each bottle comes in a little canvas sac. You may want to check out Zulilly from time to time as I've seen it featured several times since.

Now I use her body butter, tanning butter and blush sticks. I tried the milk for the face and found it to be overly expensive, not different from the oils and a terrible delivery system. I also hate the illuminating body butter. It's messy, thick and just not that attractive.  I think it can be hit or miss with Josie's products. Some of the fragances are fantastic and some are horrid.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@WinkkYou want a cold pressed oil.  Josie's argan oil light is nice because it absorbs faster.  I actually prefer Marula oil.  I buy my oils from Acure Organics at iherb.com.  Josie's Argan Milk is wonderful.  It absorbs quickly and makes your face feel soft and supple.  Your oil is applied after the Milk.  Applying oil - place a drop in your hand and rub together and pat on face then you don't feel like a grease ball.  lol  Cat Very Happy

KatCat1 - Since I have a Whole Foods close to me I went there this afternoon and bought the Acure moroccan argan oil.  I'll start using it tonight and see how it goes.  Hopefully, I'll see  a difference in my skin.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Katcat1- Since I have a Whole Foods close to me I went there this afternoon and bought the Acure moroccan argan oil.  I'll start using it tonight and see how it goes.  Hopefully, I'll see  a difference in my skin

Honored Contributor

@Winkk,   I notice using the Marula oil by Acure that it definitely diminishes the look of fine lines.  I do own an argan oil w/rose by Acure too.  Enjoy your weekend.  I am going to watch Rosemary's Baby.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Winkk    I purchase my argan oil from SheaTerraOrganics dot com.   I have used JM's argan oil but feel the one from SheaTerraOrganics is just as good at a much better price.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CocoaMolly wrote:

@Winkk I have used JM argan oil and really enjoyed it. But, when I ran out, I purchased argan oil from Shea Terra Organics which has all the same properties as JM argan oil. The cost for 3.38 oz. was $38. I had a 30% off coupon that brought down the cost considerably. Below is a description from STO website. It is also certified organic.

Forgot to mention, I add in a couple of drops to my am and pm moisturizer as well as my body cream. I've also used it on bare skin (face).

100% Pure & Natural. Accept no imitations. Are you buying 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil for all your hair and skin care needs? For nearly two decades, Shea Terra Organics has been offering only 100% Pure Moroccan Oil straight from the source. Our argan oil is produced only deep in the Atlas Mountains in a region scientifically shown to produce the highest quality argan oil. We NEVER add fragrance, alcohol or dilute the oil with inferior oils as is common practice. 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil is loaded with vitamins A & E and is rich in anti-aging property squalene. Shea Terra Organics' cold pressed, 100% Pure Moroccan Argan Oil has an amazing ability to help repair skin and help provide all day protection against moisture loss

@MissMaggieMoo .. I agree with you.  I also purchase my argan oil from SheaTerraOrganics. IMHO it is just as good as JM's but you get more for your money.   I also add some argan oil to my moisturizers.