Respected Contributor

Question, those who take Collagen or Verisol?

I read here some take Verisol. I think Verisol is a product of Collagen into peptides. Since there's different derivatives, does anyone know what source Verisol comes from...fish, bovine?
Also why choose Verisol rather than marine collagen or Bovine...types 1 ,3 collagen.
Seems verisol more for skin, nails....Marine or bovine for joints, as well as skin??
Honored Contributor

Re: Question, those who take Collagen or Verisol?

I have been taking Verisol from Natures Bounty or Puritans Pride, both the same formula, for last 6 months. I really dont know much about it, except that when Dr Dubrow first came out with his Colla Holla, he boasted that it contained Verisol and how Verisol is top of the line, so it peaked my interest. I was anxious to try it. My nails are the most affected by it, they are long and strong and grow quickly. I dont want marine collagen if it contains tilapia, as does Lessmans, we dont consume tilapia, a farm raised fish. I think it is Collagen Type II that is good for the joints, that is hyalauronic acid. I have not tried that. I also started taking phytoceramides, good for skin. 

Honored Contributor

What is Verisol made of?
trunature® Verisol® Collagen Powder is a simple, single ingredient product that has no added excipients. The product is formulated with a patented technology that breaks down collagen into Bioactive Collagen Peptides®—short chain building blocks of the collagen that are specific for skin health.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Verisol is bovine derived.

It's my understanding that marine, or fish, collagen is best for the hs&n. Where bovine, or bone and hide, collagen is good for your joints.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Verisol is bovine derived.

It's my understanding that marine, or fish, collagen is best for the hs&n. Where bovine, or bone and hide, collagen is good for your joints.

Thanks for saying it is bovine, did not know that, but I do swear by the way my nails look it is helping to keep them long and strong and quick growing. I have often read that Type II is hyal. acid, and that is what lubricates the joints. 

Honored Contributor

I honestly find this collagen stuff all a bit confusing. The types, their sources and what they're supposed to do is just overwhelming to me. Sometimes I wonder just how much of what I read about collagen supps is more hype than it is factual.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I honestly find this collagen stuff all a bit confusing. The types, their sources and what they're supposed to do is just overwhelming to me. Sometimes I wonder just how much of what I read about collagen supps is more hype than it is factual.

ITA!!! You are 100% correct!!

Honored Contributor

Joyce Giraud has Verisol in her hair supplements. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

TOTES!  

Respected Contributor

After much research...the marine collagen is from the scales and skin of fish only. Then I read on, being disappointed because I eat fish thinking, oh..how beneficial the collagen is. That said, there's some collagen in the fish meat, but only slightly compared to the skin and scales, rarely eaten by humans. I was considering a collagen supplement, then got thrown all over the place,
by Type 1,2, 3, 5, marine, bovine, and Verisol. Very confusing...that's why I give up on supplements...remember, BASIC 4 ?