Respected Contributor

Re: Question, those who take Collagen or Verisol?

Bovine, is from Hide of beef animals.
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Bovine, is from Hide of beef animals.

Yes, from that as well as from the bone marrow. The word bovine means it comes from cattle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The various Gelita collagen peptides are designed to target different areas that use collagen in their structures. I believe Verisol comes in a fish format or bovine (grass fed Venezuelan) but bovine seems to be used the most. I haven't seen any supplements with fish Verisol in them.

Grafik Kollagenpeptide Ãœberblick eng

This video by Gelita says that the different peptides are engineered for specific applications. https://youtu.be/k_LuENoToG4?t=40

Edited to add a talk given by that company about how the peptides do what they do. Like how the specific amino acid fingerprint in Verisol peptides targets fibroblasts. It's the exact same type of science as the different skincare peptides:

https://youtu.be/UWKQUVrI-P0

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I honestly find this collagen stuff all a bit confusing. The types, their sources and what they're supposed to do is just overwhelming to me. Sometimes I wonder just how much of what I read about collagen supps is more hype than it is factual.

@SilleeMee.  The collagen business reminds me of the gelatin farce Knox Gelatin perpetuated years ago, claiming it made nails grow.  Then it was revealed that gelatin is an incomplete protein and makes nothing grow.  I wouldn't be surprised if the same wasn't true of collagen .

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment