Honored Contributor

Re: Question re: Trader Joe's Argan Oil

I also bought it and there is no scent/odor

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

I've been using it for mYbe 2 months and very slight scent.  I'd return the bottle you purchased or exchange it.  Wouldn't touch my skin. 

Regular Contributor

A big thank you to all who responded -- your posts are greatly appreciated.  I'm looking for my receipt as this bottle is going to be returned. 

Super Contributor

I bought the TJ Aragan oil and used it on one hand, and Josie's on the other, to test it out.  After one month, I can't tell any difference at all.  TJ wins again!  Love that store.  I do like Josie whipped aragan oil in vanilla pear, hard to find it anymore.

Super Contributor

I have purchased the argan oil from Trader Joes and do not smell anything. I use it and also use it on my dogs belly as he has allergies in the summer and breaks out with a rash, he is also on allergy meds everyday, but this oil calms the rash down and is less expensive than using my Josie Maran on him.

Honored Contributor

My Argan Oil also has no odor. I plan to pick up another bottle next week when I go to TJ.

@RedRedHairif you don't find your receipt, I would still return it.

"What If I Fall?

Oh My Darling, What If You Fly?"

Honored Contributor

I have been using the TJ's for about 2 months now (give or take) and it has no odor.  Seems to work for me in exactly the same way that Josie Maran's did.

Respected Contributor

Cold pressing is generally considered to create a lower yield of higher quality than heated extraction methods. This makes cold pressing a valuable selling point. So why are Trader Joe and Josie Maran not putting that sales point on their labels, if it's true?

Doesn't make sense to me. 

Honored Contributor

Just to make sure I wasn't missing something, I just sniffed my TJ's argan oil and the last of my Josie Maran argan oil and they both have the same scent, which is just very very faint and nothing I could actually name.  Doesn't smell at all bad or anything, though.

I'm glad TJ's offers it!

Now if they would do a daily argan oil moisturizer with a physical SPF like Josie's at a great price I'd be thrilled!

Regular Contributor

Many, many thanks for all the replies.  I suppose I just happened to get an "off" bottle.  The scent is not one that could be considered "natural" but rather an off-putting chemical one.  Also, I know that argan oil has a somewhat thin consistency, but this one runs out of the dropper like water.  Oh well, back to the store it goes.