Honored Contributor

I use them for foundation and concealer but this morning was wondering if I could use them dry to apply blush?  Does anyone use them for this purpose?  I know I can try it myself to see, but was just curious if anyone else does this and how you like/don't like it.  TIA!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question re Beauty sponges

@JudyL,   Powder blush or creme?  Just try it and see if it works.  GOod luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

I use them for foundation and concealer but this morning was wondering if I could use them dry to apply blush?  Does anyone use them for this purpose?  I know I can try it myself to see, but was just curious if anyone else does this and how you like/don't like it.  TIA!

@JudyL  I’ve never used a sponge...brushes or fingers for me.

Honored Contributor

The Beautyblender brand makes a sponge called the 'BeautyBlusher'. It's the same sponge material only smaller for more precise application. I have used my regular-sized Beautyblender sponge to apply my powder blushes but I have to be careful not to apply too much. I think the sponge picks up and deposits more than a brush or fingers.

Respected Contributor

I use my B.B. or Ecotools sponge to apply my foundation and concealer, and that’s just my preferred method. I don’t use cream blush, but I’ve seen people apply cream blush, bronzer and highlighter with a damp sponge. I don’t see why you couldn’t. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks ladies for your responses!   Think this will best be tried on a weekend and not a weekday morning when time is limited and I'm trying to get out the door for work.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the makeup sponges for foundation and concealer. I think it would apply too much blush but would work if you were using a bronzer.  

Honored Contributor

I don't see why you couldn't use them for powder blush since they say you can use them for mineral makeup. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I use a damp beauty sponge (I like the one from Morphe) to apply loose powder to set my foundation.  I also use the mini BeautyBlender to apply highlighter sometimes depending on the highlighter.

I've never tried it for powder blush, but have used it to put a light layer of loose powder over my blush if it looks a little too bright.