Esteemed Contributor

Question on paulas choice sunscreens

First I want to say I love my paulas choice products. I have the resist cellular moisturizer with SPF25. Is it me or does this moisturizer make your face sticky which makes it hard to put makeup on top. I might end up getting the skin recovery without sof and see if the stickiness is still there. I like it but just don't like the stickiness. I don't need a spf in my moisturizer. This is the only product out of the seven I got I don't care to much for. I might just go back to my AVEENO for daytime because it made my skin so soft and silky.  I don't think I can exchange the paulas choice because it came in a 4 piece kit. Tomorrow I am going to try my AVEENO and see how I like that on top of the paulas choice.  The nighttime resist that was in the tsv is great. So anyone use a paulas choice without SPF and was it still sticky and heavy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question on paulas choice sunscreens

Or maybe it is the serum I put on first. I will do some experimenting tomorrow. I will try the serum with the moisturizer that came in the tsv and see if it's sticky. If it still is then I will know it's the serum and not the moisturizer. But if it isn't then it's the moisturizer.

Super Contributor

I love PC, except for the SPFs. I use the skin recovery every day and layer it with Skinn's Daily Defense with SPF 30. I let it dry down for 5 minutes, then apply my primer and my makeup looks fantastic. The Skinn SPF doesn't leave a greasy layer or white cast. I also wear it alone on weekend mornings when I go out sans makeup.
Super Contributor

PS I have the PC TSV and only apply the serum at night.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am taking about the daytime moisturizer that has SPF. Not the one that came in the tsv. I love the one that came in the tsv. I would like to know if anyone has used the resist with SPF and finds it sticky.  I guess I don't know if it is the SPF or the antioxidant serum I use during the day with it. The products in the tsv I use at night and love them. I think it would be great for during the day if your going to the beach or on your body. I just don't like the feel of the daytime resist SPF and how sticky it is. I will test it tomorrow to see if it's the SPF or the antioxidant serum.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh thanks. I am not really liking this SPF. I hate throwing out a huge bottle. 

Esteemed Contributor

With all the anti oxidants in the serum I might just pick up my AVEENO moisturizer for the daytime. I really don't need anymore antioxidants in that top layer. I like how it made my skin feel. I don't go out much being disabled so I don't really need a SPF. 

Trusted Contributor

@ccassaday I would call Paula's Choice customer service. They may have application tips that reduces stickiness (or maybe they can exchange)

Respected Contributor

After there was a change in my long time daily moisturizer, this is the spf product I settled on because it's moisturizing, unscented and works well with my concealer. I just wish it didn't leave my face so shiny. I don't use foundation so maybe that's why there's no issue for me with stickiness. PC has so many products, I'm sure you will find something that works for you. You can always get samples of the various moisturizers. 

Respected Contributor

@StillRachB, I love Skinn Daily Defense also. Honestly you would never know that you are wearing an SPF. It is absorbs beautifully and makeup goes on with no problem.