Respected Contributor

Hi ladies, 

For those who have used the Veil, how long does the compact last?  I've seen great reviews on the product, but everybody complaining about the fact that it runs out very quickly.  Don't want it if that's the case.  

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I've read same complaints also. I also read from someone, who said compact lasted for her, to get very little on the brush/sponge initially, and it spreads well. The other thing, on this TSV Jamie gives us a spare, a re-fill, so it helps also, I guess.

Respected Contributor

Re: Question on IT Veil???

[ Edited ]

Thanks.  I'm usually good at just getting up a little product!  But alot is absorbed into the spong that it's sitting in.   I know there's a spare, but if there is that little in each, it's still not a good buy.  I guess I'll wait for the demonstrations to decide.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question on IT Veil???

[ Edited ]

I have a similar product, I don't think there is very much in there, but is goes on wonderfully

cushion compacts are the latest

in foundations

Honored Contributor

6 months plus for me.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear, thanks for your reply.  Which one do you use?  And how long does it last?

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam  ...  6 months, with the refill, would make this a worthwhile purchase.  Do you love the product?

Honored Contributor

@itsME.... The TSV would supply me easily with ayears worth of use. If you have really good/great skin, the product will be fine. You receive 1/4-1/3 of an ounce with EACH insert so that's about half a bottle of foundation total for a year (most bottles are 1 ounce).

I rarely go through 1/2 bottle in a year, so this product is a good value.

Do I love it? No. It's an excellent product and your skin looks like flawless skin but it only comes in 5 shades and Fair isn't a great match for my NW10 coloring. I can make it work but she NEEDS MORE SHADES.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam I have good skin.... have a little discoloration due to age (61) and living in Florida, even though I'm vigilant about my sunscreen.  I don't wear a lot of makeup, and nothing heavy.  Still, I'd rather have a full ounce than 7/10s of an ounce!  Plus, I don't need the blush or the lipstick, and I have the two sided brush.  But the other brush looks very nice!  So, is it worth around $70 with s/h and tax?  I don't know.

I agree about needing more shades!  I have the Celebration foundation in light, and it's okay, but a little dark.  I've tested a few of her other formulas, and fair seems to be the best, so I'll probably pick that one if I do go for the TSV.

Thanks again for your responses. 

Respected Contributor

I have the Mally foundation that is just like this in the IT TSV and love it BUT, is small and is $45 SO I am going to get the IT TSV since you not only get this kit but also a refill for $59 and I will go on AD since future kits will be $49 which is only $4 more than 1 Mally compact foundation and  get a lot more.

I do have that color in the blush/lip stain stick and really like it so know I will like this new blurring line lipstick in the same color.

I think this is a very good deal being you also get the refill and will continue to get a refill with future AD shipments.

I am going to the light, had light in the IT CC foundation and while the color was okay I didn't like the heavy thick texture or feel of that foundation on my face but I love the feel of this type foundation, light and natural looking.

My makeup is on for a good   12 hours and usually more like 14 and my Mally like this did last that long so, am getting this one in light.