Honored Contributor

Question on Hourglass Blushes

Recently bought the blush in Ambiant Glow and love it. Of course wanted to get another shade so I ordered Mood Exposure and it seems too deep in color for me. Is Dim Infusion a lighter shade?--I know it is in the coral tones and that is fine with me. I'm older and fair (but not porcelain) and usually wear Fair or Light in foundations.

Super Contributor

Re: Question on Hourglass Blushes

I haven't tried or seen the blushes yet, so can't give a first hand report, but I watched this review by Tarababyz on YouTube and she did the best job I've seen swatching them. She has very pale skin, too, so you might get a good sense of how they'll look on your complextion.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZlLLu66H4c

You'll have to cut and paste the link, and if it does't work, just Google YouTube Tarababyz Hourglass Ambient Blush Review". Or, the actual title of the vid:

Haul : Swatches : Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush

ETA: There are several reviews there, but this might be a good place to start. :-)

Valued Contributor

I thought the Dim Infusion looked light to me. That one and Ethereal Glow (light pink.) Dim Infusion looks like a light peach to me. I do know the blushes can very. Some have more powder and go on lighter and others have more blush and are more pigmented.
Valued Contributor

Oh here we are again MarenSeattle talking about Hourglass!!! Smiley Wink LOL. Smiley Very Happy
Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Cardamom said: Oh here we are again MarenSeattle talking about Hourglass!!! Smiley Wink LOL. Smiley Very Happy

Haha! My current obsession! But YOU have SEVERAL and are hankering for more, Cardamom -- I only have ONE! Heaven help everybody when I add to my collection!

Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Daysdee said:

Recently bought the blush in Ambiant Glow and love it. Of course wanted to get another shade so I ordered Mood Exposure and it seems too deep in color for me. Is Dim Infusion a lighter shade?--I know it is in the coral tones and that is fine with me. I'm older and fair (but not porcelain) and usually wear Fair or Light in foundations.

Are you referring to the Hourglass Ambiant Lighting Blush line? As there is not a shade called "Ambiant Glow" in that range. As someone with light skin, my fave blush in the line is Luminous Flush. Mood Exposure I would not like at all as a blush on my light skin. Dim Infusion Blush is a very light, peachy coral. Am a major fan of their Ambient Lighting Powders, have several and use them in a variety of ways. I also have the palette. They are all beyond spectacular, to say the least, and a well worth it investment, IMO. Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Can anyone compare the Hourglass blush to tarte Amazonian Clay blush?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

On 5/6/2014 SurvivedOne said:
On 5/6/2014 Daysdee said:

Are you referring to the Hourglass Ambiant Lighting Blush line? As there is not a shade called "Ambiant Glow" in that range. As someone with light skin, my fave blush in the line is Luminous Flush. Mood Exposure I would not like at all as a blush on my light skin. Dim Infusion Blush is a very light, peachy coral. Am a major fan of their Ambient Lighting Powders, have several and use them in a variety of ways. I also have the palette. They are all beyond spectacular, to say the least, and a well worth it investment, IMO. Good luck.

Sorry, it was Ethereal.

Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 vaccinia said:

Can anyone compare the Hourglass blush to tarte Amazonian Clay blush?

Thanks!

They are made in a totally different way so I would guess there would have to be differences in application.

The Ambient blushes are a swirled combo of a pigmented color and one of the ambient powders. That means they have a certain luminescence, like a combo of color and some kind of altered lighting.

That's based on the youtube videos I've seen. Tarababyz, Goss. Haven't bought any yet - Have to make up my mind first......lol. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor

On 5/6/2014 Cardamom said: I thought the Dim Infusion looked light to me. That one and Ethereal Glow (light pink.) Dim Infusion looks like a light peach to me. I do know the blushes can very. Some have more powder and go on lighter and others have more blush and are more pigmented.

I re-watched Tarababyz's review and I agree about the Ethereal -- VERY light (at least on her arm). Dim (again, on her arm) looked less light, and read more "peachy" to me. I'm most drawn to the Luminous or the Diffused. I should probably say the Luminous AND the Diffused. For starters. :-) But first I want to add to my coffers of the powders, and YOU, Cardamom, have convinced me to try the palette!