Honored Contributor

Question for white/ silver haired beauties

Have you tried either:

Roux Fanciful Rinse # 42 Silver  Lining

OR

Roux Fanciful Rinse #49  Ultra white Minx

i would like to try these to help wth some yellowing on my ends and to add some shine and volume.   Since they Rinse out, ,they seem like a safe bet.

anyone try this brand of Rinse on white hair and comments?

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for white/ silver haired beauties

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Have you tried either:

Roux Fanciful Rinse # 42 Silver  Lining

OR

Roux Fanciful Rinse #49  Ultra white Minx

i would like to try these to help wth some yellowing on my ends and to add some shine and volume.   Since they Rinse out, ,they seem like a safe bet.

anyone try this brand of Rinse on white hair and comments?

I haven't tried these, but I use "Shimmer Lights" shampoo and it definitely gets the yellow out.  Have you tried this?  I think Nick Chavez also makes a similar product, which I am going to try soon.  But do not use it in any sink or shower unless it is aluminum like a kitchen sink. It can permanently stain a shower floor.  I used it in one of our showers and it stained badly.  I don't usually use it when I shower because I don't like a detergent product shampoo on my skin. Dries me out.

Respected Contributor

fyi those roux rinses dissolve in the rain and humidity. the color may run and drip into your face

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Perkup  @CatsyCline   Yes, I use shimmering lights. Just not too impressed with it.  Good to know about the rinses coming out if in the rain etc.... not llike  lines that stay in until you shampoo out.

Super Contributor

I dyed my hair for decades and over a year ago decided to stop because if was a rough texture and didn't look healthy. In between dye jobs I sometimes permed it, so it was damaged. I didn't know what color it would be when it wasn't dyed.

I was very lucky because my hair is perfectly white, soft and silky. My stylist tells me to use regular gentle shampoo and light cream rinse. She told my not to put treatments on it. I am delighted with the look and bright white color. Before I used anything for hair that is somewhat discolored, I'd ask a beautician who knows. If somebody recommends a particular product, it may work for them but not for you. Everyone is different.

Lovng my white hair.

tea

Contributor

I use the same thing my mom used on my hair when I was a kid ... a big lemon for about 10 minutes and now I use Wen.   The lemon takes out the water chemical junk and it sparkles w/o any product helpers.  Mom was smart.

Respected Contributor

I have used ultra white minx, spritzing it on with a spray bottle on damp hair. It cooled down the slightly yellow tone in my hair, leaving it more of a silver white . It also adds a little body .I like that it washes right out for when I want my hair to look more blonde than silver/ white.

Honored Contributor

There was a discussion on this subject previously and someone mentioned this product.   I got the bluing but have never used it because my silver hair doesn't have a yellowish tint.   I do use Redken 02 hair shimmer which makes it look like strands of polished sterling.  (Amazon) 

http://mrsstewart.com/whiten-hair-and-pets/

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have used both colors as a hairdresser.

ultra white minx helps tone down the yellow in the hair and makes it look whiter, much like bluing for clothing. It doesn't add any color.

silver lining actually adds color to the hair. It is a very bright silver.  It too, will cut down on the yellow.

i only used Ultra White Minx on women who had white hair and wanted it to be optic white.  Silver lining is definitely a dark silver color.  It works great on salt and pepper hair color as well as silver hair.

There is also a color called White Minx with less blue in it, than the Ultra.

Honored Contributor

I have not been used it years ago.  Try a shampoo that tones down yellow casts.  Aveda has one and I use one by Shikhai (sp?).  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength