Contributor

Question - for those who use Mad Hippie Vit C Serum

I just bought the serum today at Natures Grocery, opened it and it's a pale yellow color. It was sealed with plastic. I'm not sure if it's the ingredients or if it's already oxidized.

I just wanted to know from users if this is normal or would you return it?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question - for those who use Mad Hippie Vit C Serum

If it's very slight, just a tinge, I think it's probably one of the other ingredients in the mix that has a tint or cast to it. It's been months since I've used it so I can't remember now. Sorry. But, the SAP version of Vitamin C in Mad Hippie is supposed more stable to begin with and there's Ferulic Acid in there as well. If it's anything beyond a tinge, you might want to email Mad Hippie. They're really good about replying promptly, usually within a day or so.

Contributor

On 3/26/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

If it's very slight, just a tinge, I think it's probably one of the other ingredients in the mix that has a tint or cast to it. It's been months since I've used it so I can't remember now. Sorry. But, the SAP version of Vitamin C in Mad Hippie is supposed more stable to begin with and there's Ferulic Acid in there as well. If it's anything beyond a tinge, you might want to email Mad Hippie. They're really good about replying promptly, usually within a day or so.

Thank you! I'll go ahead and contact them.

Super Contributor

skh47, I use the mad hippie. Mine is a very pale yellow color. There should be an expiration date stamped in black ink on the bottom of the bottle.
Honored Contributor

I have an unopened bottle of this, I see no exp date on it.

Super Contributor

Shelbelle, I have an opened bottle and an unopened bottle. Both show an expiration date. Mine are hard to see--black ink on a dark brown bottle. It's on the bottom. It is very frustrating not to have expiration dates on cosmetics.
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 sundrops said: Shelbelle, I have an opened bottle and an unopened bottle. Both show an expiration date. Mine are hard to see--black ink on a dark brown bottle. It's on the bottom. It is very frustrating not to have expiration dates on cosmetics.

I just took my bottle over to the window, all that is on the bottom is an embedded code on the glass, F-31.