Respected Contributor

Question for those who got Pure Grace TSV?

What does your shower gel smell like? Mine smells off. The rest of the TSV is fine. No scent when I use the pump but when I pull the pump out and smell a lot of the gel it is not Pure Grace at all. 

I like the new body creme with a slight iridescent glow.

Thanks everyone!

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for those who got Pure Grace TSV?

The Pure Grace and Amazing TSVs smell reminiscent of the old Graces, minus most of the subtle, wonderful notes. The PG gel smells like the tsv spray. Not great, but that seems to be the way they make it now. I think there may be quality control issues. Every version of PG product I have sniffed lately has varied. All similar but not identical. You can tell they are PG though. The new AG, I wouldn't know that was what I was smelling if I hadn't applied it myself. Not bad, just different. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't get the TSV in Pure Grace, but I got it in Unconditional Love, and mine does not smell like Unconditional Love at all.  I opened the new Luminous Body Crème, and the Eau de Parfum -- neither product smelled like Unconditional Love.  I didn't bother opening the supersize 3 in 1.  I posted in the Fresh Cream Warm Cashmere thread, but I'll repeat what I posted there, which is I'm returning my TSV, and not requesting a new set, as I don't think I received a "bad batch."  I know people have posted for a few years now about Philosophy products not being the same, but I hadn't experienced that with Unconditional Love.  It was my favorite by Philosophy.  Bummed.

I still have a half of a tub of the original Whipped Body Crème, which I love.  The scent in the original Whipped Body Crème lasts for awhile, unlike the scent from the new Luminous Body Crème.  I, also, prefer the texture of the original Whipped Body Crème over the texture of the new Luminous Body Crème.  The texture of the Whipped Body Crème is more of a body butter consistency. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

I do believe that since they were purchased by Coty they have changed.  But also I believe that most if not all frangrances smell differently on each person.  Each person has their own body chemistry.  And each fragrance reacts to each persons body.  Some smell great and some don't.  Also I have heard just because you don't smell the fragrance, others can still smell it.  If you can smell it on yourself, you might have toooo much on.  But it is all personal preferance. 

I think all frangrance is personal preferance. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the old PG.  Something is definetly off with the scent.  Its not the same.  I know they say nothing has  changed, but something has changed!!

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. It is really just the shower gel that is off...and I mean really off. It smells like dish soap and......roast turkey to me. Sounds crazy I know. I think I must have gotten a bad bottle.

Respected Contributor

wonderfulworld, I think I may have an answer to your turkey scented PG gel. Years ago, back when PG was great, I used to also buy a dupe for it. It was really good, but had this odd, strong note I wasn't liking. It smelled like ham to me! I contacted the company. I told them how I thought it smelled, and was told it was probably the musk note I was not liking. So turkey, ham, probably the musk. Not defective but odd for sure.

Respected Contributor

@Desi wrote:

wonderfulworld, I think I may have an answer to your turkey scented PG gel. Years ago, back when PG was great, I used to also buy a dupe for it. It was really good, but had this odd, strong note I wasn't liking. It smelled like ham to me! I contacted the company. I told them how I thought it smelled, and was told it was probably the musk note I was not liking. So turkey, ham, probably the musk. Not defective but odd for sure.

Thank you for your informative reply! It is the strangest thing...like the scent of turkey roasting in the oven mixed with dish soap. I know it isn't me because my other gels smell fine. It must be the musk!!

I have tried mixing it up very well but it is stuck in my head (nose) now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

wonderfulworld, you are welcome, hope I could help! It just hit me that I shared your dilemma back then - I even thought it smelled like cold-cuts or sweaty socks. I don't know why the latest version is now smelling like that. It had been so nice for so long! That note seems strongest in the bath gel, but is also in the rest of the set. Strangely, the firming body emulsion and other things don't, so maybe it's tsv thing, don't really know.