Valued Contributor

Question for the hair dressers out there regarding taking back clients that left.

I had a hair dresser who was really good but I could never get an appointment and when I could, had to use benefit time from work for 2:00 or 3:00 appointments. She is very good and saves the evenings and early a.m. appointments for established clients which I guess is understandable.

I am a little embarrassed to call her to ask if I can start coming back to fix up this mess I have going on and wondering what your thoughts are when this happens to you as hair dressers.

Super Contributor

Re: Question for the hair dressers out there regarding taking back clients that left.

If she is truly booked solid or you can't get there during her slow times then she shouldn't have any problem with that and you shouldn't be embarrassed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Question for the hair dressers out there regarding taking back clients that left.

I think it's a situation they deal with frequently.  Why would they be upset when you're giving them money.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, some of them are just dang snooty.  Really depends on her personality.   If she's really that busy, she may not care to take you back ...bad bussiness choice on her part, IMO.  But, if you really like her, than just ask, and tel her, you couldn't get a time slot that suits your schedule, so you had to go elsewhere.   If she's a snob, personally, I wouldn't go back.