Honored Contributor

Re: Question for retin-a users........

@Shanus@Carol Diane - Same here on using it as often as one can tolerate. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

To op so glad you asked , i have wanted to ask .I started tretinion 0.025 ,around 10 days ago, using it every night ,no peeling ,but i am dry.

@goldensrbest  Dry is ok, a little redness is expected. When it turns to irritated/flaking, that’s when you slack off a bit, but continue. Retin A is an exfoliant removing dead  skin cells, building collagen underneath the skin surface to plump up the wrinkles. It will also fade dark spots/areas as it sloughs away dead skin. It’s a miracle skincare product. I haven’t heard of any derm who doesn’t have it on their anti-aging list.

Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@goldensrbestwrote:

To op so glad you asked , i have wanted to ask .I started tretinion 0.025 ,around 10 days ago, using it every night ,no peeling ,but i am dry.

@goldensrbest  Dry is ok, a little redness is expected. When it turns to irritated/flaking, that’s when you slack off a bit, but continue. Retin A is an exfoliant removing dead  skin cells, building collagen underneath the skin surface to plump up the wrinkles. It will also fade dark spots/areas as it sloughs away dead skin. It’s a miracle skincare product. I haven’t heard of any derm who doesn’t have it on their anti-aging list.

I know used it years ago ,but had to stop ,because of cost ,wrinkles came.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't get it from All Day Chemist, it was a script from my Dr. He's not a derm but did tell me it's the only product that he feels will actually do something.I still use Perricone at night on the off days and back to Isomers in the morning. After reading  these comment, much appreciated by the way, I'm going to go to three nights a week and see how it goes before I bump up to every other night.

Valued Contributor

Forgot to ask which sunscreen would be a good choice. I ordered Ulta M.D. tinted and had to return  because it was orangey. The I bought Neutrogena and broke out with it so now don't know which one to get next.

Honored Contributor

@Nadine- Which version by Neutrogena did you use?  There is a "Clear Skin" version that is designed not to break you out.  I've used that one with much success.

Respected Contributor

@Nadine  I break out from most spf but Perricone's Photo Plasma is great! No break out's, no burn.

I'm using Obagi's .05% Retin A every night and have had no flaking, redness, sensitivity, etc, which is fine w/me! I buy it from my derm's office.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadinewrote:

Forgot to ask which sunscreen would be a good choice. I ordered Ulta M.D. tinted and had to return  because it was orangey. The I bought Neutrogena and broke out with it so now don't know which one to get next.

Use Elta MD SpF 40 UV BROAD SPECTRUM-no tint.  I love that.

@Nadine

Dermstore has it.  It's really a nice moisturizer.   I also like a Peter Thomas Roth SPF 30.  Summer-Elta for the 40

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

It wasnt the clear skin, it dry something, can't remember without checking the container. I never break out so I always take notice if I do with a new product. I have used the one that Perricone has and I liked it. Forgot abot that one.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are you using name brand Retin-A or generic?  I've used both and name brand works much better for me.  If I have generic then I need to use more product and more often. 

ETA:  Are you using moisturizer before or after?  If so, that could be why you don't see much peeling.  

My doctor told me not to use moisturizer on the days I use RA.