Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Skincare Junkies...?

Hello, my name is wagirl  and------I am addicted to skincare !!!!!!!Woman LOL

I have alot too but have started to cocktail like things together to use stuff up--nothing heavy duty that will cause problems--just a few oils and serums together. but I haven't bought anything new for awhile as I NEED to use it all up first. Have many brands--nothing outstanding that changes my life-----but I do add things to my body creams too, especially the oils.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   I forgot to add that I also use a  combination of oils on my skin.  I apply them in the morning.  I do not wash my face in the morning... just apply my combination of oils, mineral water, HA gel and Copper Peptide gel.  All mixed together in my palm and applied.... later that morning I either apply just sunscreen if I plan a day home ... or apply my going out shopping face...  a tinted foundation SPF... lip , blush etc. 

I wash my face only in the early evening.... and then apply all my routine serums etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have some foundation that I never used, about 5 small unopened tubes of it.  I don't want to use it up, but hate to just throw it out.  Any ideas?

If it is unopened, you can donate them to the local woman's shelter.  My local food pantry takes unused beauty products, too.

@momoftwo2007 Thank you - I will look into that!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Harpa   I forgot to add that I also use a  combination of oils on my skin.  I apply them in the morning.  I do not wash my face in the morning... just apply my combination of oils, mineral water, HA gel and Copper Peptide gel.  All mixed together in my palm and applied.... later that morning I either apply just sunscreen if I plan a day home ... or apply my going out shopping face...  a tinted foundation SPF... lip , blush etc. 

I wash my face only in the early evening.... and then apply all my routine serums etc.  

Very interesting, @SeaMaiden ! I have my own concoction of oils & essential oils, which I put on every a.m., using this as a facial massage. I don't wash off, but then press into my skin using a very warm cloth. Afterward, I apply toners, then follow up w/ my regular skin care things. And yes, only cleanse in the evening.

If all that I do (we do!) is overboard, I'll take it! I have not had to use concealor for months now, and no foundation. Very little eye makeup and very little face shading (as I call it!)

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden @Harpa  My skincare regimen is similar to both of yours in that there is a lot of mixingthis with that and thus creating my own blend of my products.  This is rather fun with the oils since there are so many different ones available to us.