Regular Contributor

If I remember correctly in a thread about hyaluronic acid you recommended Piping Rock's brand.  I'm almost out of my current brand & want to try Piping Rock but also wanted to ask if there is anything else you buy there that is a good value.  I'm embrrassed to say that I've been aware of Piping Rock for a long time but always  thought the prices were too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

Oh thank you for reaching out to me Woman Happy @2penny 

Yes, I have recommended several things from PR. I also buy their Collagen Placenta Cream (moisturizer)and their Glycolic Acid Cream (exfoliant). Both work very nicely for me. I use that GA cream alone every other night, it's gentle (10%), fragrance free and leaves my skin very smooth in the morning after I wash it off. On occasion I use the HA serum when my moisturizers need a little boost, it's very hydrating beneath it all. I use their Camellia Oil as a post-microneedle treatment...it's a good antiseptic and promotes healing and collagen production.

I also buy a few other things for some DIY skin care items I make...Green Tea Liquid Extract.

Regular Contributor

Thank you @SilleeMee  - I looked up the two creams you mentioned & I will try the glycolic first.  I still have some collagen cream but the price at PR is way better if the quality is there.  The reviews on both are great but it still helps to hear from someone who has used the product & recommends it.

Honored Contributor

@2penny,

I've tried many of the creams they offer. My fave is that collagen w/placenta. They make one that is just plain collagen, too. But I think the one with placenta is much more hydrating. Sounds kind of gross, placenta...but I like it.Woman Happy

The GA cream is runny. So I have to use a (plastic, not metal) spoon to scoop out what I need and that way it doesn't drip off of my spatula. 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee I know you have mentioned that hyluoronic acid may not work out for people who live in higher altitudes.  I'm in Albuquerque which is a mile high😊   You're the same in CO I believe?  Have you been able to use it successfully?  I think I remember you saying it would work as long as you used something on top of it.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@SilleeMee I know you have mentioned that hyluoronic acid may not work out for people who live in higher altitudes.  I'm in Albuquerque which is a mile high😊   You're the same in CO I believe?  Have you been able to use it successfully?  I think I remember you saying it would work as long as you used something on top of it.

Yes, exactly @Suebdoo. I cannot use it alone. I have to use moisturizers on top of it.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMeewhat about the supplements at PR?  Have you used them & like them?  Again the prices are so much better that I was always skeptical.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for Silleemee

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

Yes, exactly @Suebdoo. I cannot use it alone. I have to use moisturizers on top of it.

@SilleeMee @Anything I should look for it just something occuslive?  Plus maybe even an oil on top of the moisturizer to deal the deal?�

Honored Contributor

@2penny wrote:

@SilleeMeewhat about the supplements at PR?  Have you used them & like them?  Again the prices are so much better that I was always skeptical.

@2penny

Here's the items numbers for the supps I buy from them:

2843   Turmeric

8061   Phytoceramides

12971 Greens Powder

When these go on sale, the ones offered may be different sizes than the items I have listed. So I buy the ones on sale and not necessarily the ones I listed...same products just different sizes.

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@SilleeMee @Anything I should look for it just something occuslive?  Plus maybe even an oil on top of the moisturizer to deal the deal?�

I would just use whatever you like @Suebdoo. I use different moisturizers, not always the same. One of my most recent find was Olivella Serum...it's so good! I use that as my daytime moisturizer lastly over top of everything else.