Regular Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@2penny wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@2penny   Sometimes yellow/olive undertones actually do better w/ a neutral shade of foundation. In BM, I'm only familiar w/ the more fair tones. Maybe the shade chart on the BM site better describes which medium shades are neutral...not pink or yellow.

@Shanus I did look at the BM site & found 30 shades in the regular size foundation & only 12 in the larger size.  There are a couple of med. neutral shades in the regular size that might work.  I think I will pass on the TSV & try a small size first.  Thanks for your help.- I'm anxious to see if a neutral shade will make me look less muddy!

@2penny   Good morning. The term "muddy" usually means a too yellow, pink or too orange foundation for the skin tone. Think of mixing paint colors like those together & you usually come up with a brownish mess...mud. Lol I'm hoping this works out for you. Sometimes at the holidays, Q and BM stores offer the lg. sizes of foundation in more shades. I'm just as happy w/ the smaller ones. The larger ones can be a little awkward and I think one yr. they did not  have the lock type top jar. Some of us also received 1/2 full containers that had to be returned...the container was definitely twice the size, but definitely not the contents. Keep in touch and let me know how this shade works. 

Not sure your age or if you're a reg. BM wearer, but as a final touch, if you think there's a "powdery" look, I use a slightly damp mu sponge to dab over the foundation/mineral veil when finished (if I don't feel like using a setting spray or rose water spray). Please feel free to ask any other questions. 

@Shanus  I think you're right about my too olive foundation.  It's not doing me any favors & at at my age (70) I need all the favors I can get.  I've used BM or Lucy Minerals for a good while but I also use liquid foundation at times.  What I do at the end of applying BM is rub 1 drop rose hip seed oil on damp hands & pat my face.  I will report back on my search for the right color.  Thank you for helping.

@SilleeMeeThat's a good tip about using darker foundation  in place of contouring which I have a hard time making look natural.