Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Laura Geller Eye Spackle Users

It sure can!  Smiley Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom  @Bibione  @nyc1  @rochelleS  @bridal_diva .....    I purchased the ELF Sheer Blurring Under Eye Primer.   It is just "okay".... didn't brighten up the under eye area at all and my concealer did settle into fine lines a bit by the end of the day.  Will not be re-purchasing  I just found the  Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer on Sephora.  It got pretty good reviews so I ordered it.  Will give a review when it arrives.

Honored Contributor

Re: oyedRe: Question for Laura Geller Eye Spackle Users

I still have my pots from years ago for lips and eyes.... they must be 10 years old and I use them still!  I do find that any good concealor does the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I use Mally’s eye primer in the green compact and it has be discontinued also. I am on my last one. 😢
Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector  Yes,.....  please let us know about Smashbox.  Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pommom@Bibione@nyc1@rochelleS , @bridal_diva@Naturesbeauty , @SeaMaiden 

I have been using the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer. I am still on the fence about it.  It is a bit better than the E.L.F.....  but not nearly as good as the  Laura Geller Eye Spackle.  I might re-purchase the Smashbox in the event I run out of the Laura Geller Eye Spackle.  But in the meantime I am going to keep searching.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do you have a TJ Maxx by you? I was at my local TJ Maxx the other day and they had shelves of LG products. I saw an eye spackle. I would check there. I found the mascara I use and the baked foundation I like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

Do you have a TJ Maxx by you? I was at my local TJ Maxx the other day and they had shelves of LG products. I saw an eye spackle. I would check there. I found the mascara I use and the baked foundation I like. 

@curlygirl13  ... thank you. I will have to check my local TJ Maxx!

Super Contributor

As was pointed out in a previous thread Laura sold the company several years ago. She remains as a spokesperson but does not handle day to day affairs of the businesses anymore. She also apparently had to sell her store in NYC as part of the deal. Whoever has been managing her products is doing a crappy job. Apparently the corporation filed for bankruptcy recently. It seems that big corporations run this country anymore. They even control our food supply. I wish that people would not sell their successful businesses to them. I know the dollars must be very tempting but a big corporation just does not operate by anything but the bottom line and will never give the care to a company that the founder did.

I loved Laura's Real Deal concealer but can no longer get the fair shade anywhere. I noticed that her website is missing several items and colors of various popular products.

It must be difficult for Laura to see her wonderful company being so badly managed. She put her heart and soul into it. I know she is doing well personally but still to see your life's work being so badly run has to be difficult.

Respected Contributor

@curlygirl13 wrote:

@curlygirl13  THANKS SO MUCH for the heads up.  I'm off to TJM when I leave my office to check out the beauty aisle with my figures crossed that I'll find this amazing primer.  SO RIDICULOUS that something so good and so loved has been discontinued.  PATHETIC.  Thanks much for the tip.