Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question for Girls Who Have Curls

@turtle52 

Yes, I checked the model number just to make sure.  I'll check Amazon pricing, too.

I have naturally curly hair, but have been getting it "smoothed" for many years.  As I aged, the curls and curl patter changed and I could not get a decent, layered cut.

After giving up smoothing this year, I'm trying to get back to decent curls.  It used to be so easy!  Now, it seems like a second job sometimes.

Hoping a diffuser helps give me a little volume.

Respected Contributor

I have curly/wavy hair that I wear in a medium length. I never use a dryer on my hair. I've used a little mousse or a bit of styling creme in the past. But last year, I changed to using a small amount of hair conditioner - about the size of a nickel or more.

I rub the conditioner on my hands and then run my fingers through my hair. I scrunch while it's wet/damp. It doesn't get crunchy; it tames any frizzies that can come with curls; and if I get too much in one spot, I just wet it with a little water on my fingers. Done.

Valued Contributor

After taking some of the moisture out of my washed hair with a towel I use Ouidad Advanced Heat & Humidity Gel throughout and let my hair air dry.   The Ouidad gives me more volume and gives my naturally wavy/curly hair a better curl.  When my hair is bone dry I brush it out and then smooth on some  Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My hair is  curly , just past my shoulders. On a scale of 1-10  curly to extremely. My hair would be abt 5 on that scale. I have used Paul Mitchell products to prevent frizz  but my favorite is S Factor Smoothing Luster Defrizer & Tamer . I let my hair air dry . I use one of those  terry cloth head wraps that I bought from HSN  to remove alot od moisture then use the S Factor . Air drying my hair works best , unless I want to blow dry it straight . For me that Calista  hair dryer with oval brush  works best for me.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the great tips everyone!  🙂

Respected Contributor

Air dry always.  I use Tweaked products so I have no frizz.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I have shoulder-length curls, but my hair is a lot kinkier than yours.  Because my tight curls soak up water and product like a sponge it dries quickly.  For that reason, after conditioning, I can use a product like Flocker or Curlsmith Curl Conditioner Oil-in-Cream (or any other styling cream I may have on hand), twist the hair in 4 sections, pin curl those twists down, and in about an hour remove the pins and pick out a nice curled set.  I use hairspray to prevent shrinkage. My curls shrink under normal circumstances, but when it's hot and humid my shoulder-length curls can look like a crewcut without the hairspray. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

You see my hair in "Outfit Of The Day".  

I have a perm for processed hair because I only have a little curl near the scalp.

After washing, I use an anti friz leave in conditioner which smooths by Kendra.  Then I scrunch dime sized pumps of "Sexy Hair Gel" all over.

Then, I use a diffuser and make sure to put it up under the back of my hair.  A dryer is needed to help the gel form support.

I touch up spots I miss by wrapping the hair around a large curling Iron.  You don't want a very small one or the curl will be too tight.

Respected Contributor

I have wavy-curly hair, but it's wiry, coarse, dry, porous,  so very frizz-prone. I wash with Wen or Tweaked, and must let it dry naturally in summer using a moisture product (Marc Anthony Curl cream) and gel to keep it from frizzing. I like LA Looks gel. Try different things to see what works best with your hair! Have fun!! 🤗

Esteemed Contributor

@turtle52 

I got the diffuser you recommended and finally used it today.

Love it!

It is very hot and humid right now so keeping the frizz down is difficult.  However, this did a nice job encouraging my curls to form.

Just wanted to thank you for the recommendation.