Valued Contributor

Question about warranty for the Beachwaver

I need to decide by tomorrow if I'm going to keep the Beachwaver 3/4" TSV I bought a while back or return it (nothing like waiting till the last moment). Am having trouble deciding what to do. I like it, but it's very easy to accidentally hit the "home" button, which can cause serious problems. Guess with more practice, that issue will work itself out.

However, possible difficulties with the company honoring their warranty are also causing me to consider returning it. I've read that they won't do anything for you if you haven't sent in a registration card within 14 days of purchase. Well, there wasn't any card included (nor instruction manual, or anything else), so of course, one could not be sent in. Now I don't know the validity of this statement, but can't help but wonder if it's true. Can't find a phone number to contact the company to ask about it (I tried calling QVC to see if they had one, but they didn't). Does anyone know if this is true, or how to contact the company? Considering all the negative reviews I've seen about error messages showing up and/or the device stopping working, I'm very concerned about the company not doing what they should under their warranty. Would appreciate any info about this. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about warranty for the Beachwaver

Seems that I read years ago thst a company had to honor a warranty regardless of whether a registration card had been submitted.  I'd file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission if I was in that situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Check the BW website's FAQs and see if that helps.

https://beachwaver.com/pages/faq

There's a phone number towards the bottom of that page.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee--Thanks so much. I had gone to their site, but not to the FAQs page where the phone number is. From what I read on that page, looks like I may not have to worry about sending in an actual card. Of course, if I decide to return it anyway for other reasons, none of this will be an issue.

@Kachina624--Thanks to you, too. Good to know about my rights if I keep it and were to have a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I returned mine on Monday. I agree that it's very easy to accidentally hit the home button. I have nothing against the product, but I think I just had buyers remorse. It's a curling Iron, and everything that I could do with the beachwaver I could do just as well with my regular curler. I also found that the curls did not hold, so back it went.