Occasional Contributor
Hi all, hope all are well today..... My question is- my new hair stylist is mentoring another hairstylist- Do I tip each seperately or does my stylest 'share' the tip I gave her. The first time I went I tipped both seperately- the mentored stylist handed hi lighting foil, washed my hair, and combed my wet hair out for my stylist. TIA!
Frequent Contributor
I think you do what is in your heart! If you were pleased,and you felt the need to tip you do so! I think that was a very nice gesture. I may be alone in this but my best friend is a hair stylist. She told me that most salons today rent the space to that stylist.that being said they own that chair and collect ALL of the payment for the cut,color,etc? They just pay for the chair,she said they love getting tips,however ALL the money is hers except when she pays her rent. So if no tip comes she says I'm STILL getting full payment and no worries. I personally give one very large tip every Christmas only. But we must each do what we feel in our hearts. I've been whith my stylist for 11 years,she's wonderful!
Esteemed Contributor

It might be geographical, but I always tip the shampoo girl separately.

Honored Contributor
On 2/7/2014 taja123 said:

It might be geographical, but I always tip the shampoo girl separately.

That's the standard. How much you tip is up to you. I've always gone to places where the same person who cuts my hair also shampoos my hair, which helps.