Honored Contributor

Question about the new Bare Minerals Gen Nude eye shadow palettes -

[ Edited ]

I just saw the presentation with Shawn, and I'm confused about choosing one of them.

I'm light, but warm complected. The Rose that is recommended for me looks too cool. I don't look good in greys and pinks. Does anyone who watched more presentations of this have any advice? TIA! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about the new Bare Minerals Gen Nude eye shadow palettes -

I had to make a decision, so I went with the Copper. I liked the colors! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I just watched and the palettes are lovely!  I have a medium olive complexion but cool toned, not warm.  If I went by their suggestions I would get the copper but it looks too warm for me.  I'm leaning more towards the rose.

They mentioned how light or deep one's skin tone is but never mentioned if you're cool or warm.  I think that makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

The only one I liked is the rose and I am medium skin tone.  I'm going by what I like and think looks better on me.  

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I just saw the presentation with Shawn, and I'm confused about choosing one of them.

I'm light, but warm complected. The Rose that is recommended for me looks too cool. I don't look good in greys and pinks. Does anyone who watched more presentations of this have any advice? TIA! 

I think you should order whatever color palette you like. I really don't think you have to go by your skintone. I am fair and cool, I chose the Rose palette because I like it.

Respected Contributor

I agree 100% with Beach Mom buy what you like!! This is just another selling tactic!! Come on by now we all know which colors look good on us and which colors don?t. These companies amaze me on how they will come up with these ideas and think  the  consumer will fall for to sell makeup products. Ladies, chose the color that calls out to you. Not what they say you should buy!

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:
 Buy what you like!! This is just another selling tactic!! Come on by now we all know which colors look good on us and which colors don?t. These companies amaze me on how they will come up with these ideas and think  the  consumer will fall for to sell makeup products. Ladies, chose the color that calls out to you. Not what they say you should buy!

Respected Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I agree 100% with Beach Mom buy what you like!! This is just another selling tactic!! Come on by now we all know which colors look good on us and which colors don?t. These companies amaze me on how they will come up with these ideas and think  the  consumer will fall for to sell makeup products. Ladies, chose the color that calls out to you. Not what they say you should buy!

Sorry is wasn't beach mom that said buy what you like it was Jordan2. Whom I agreww with . Beach mom buy what you like!!

Super Contributor

I couldn’t decide either! I am light completed (got the Vanilla in the TSV) but have yellow undertones. The Rose was supposed to be the one for me but I doubted it would look good because it is so cool toned and I don’t think the greyish shades would suit me, just wash me out. So I got the other 3 because I couldn’t decide! I was leaning towards the Neutral but the Latte has 4 frosted shades which are what I mostly use. So we’ll see 😁

Honored Contributor

I ordered the Rose palette, but directly from Bare Minerals, not from QVC.

It's got staying power, and richness of pigment.  I find that the shimmery tones aren't at all glittery, just shimmery, and surprisingly not too much for my age.   Shimmer isn't a look I'd wear every single day, but I find it's OK used sparingly.

Bare Minerals has never been good about understanding skin tone.  They never acknowledge cool, warm, or neutral skin.  Mostly their mantra is what "sells the most" and maybe a bare mention of light or darker skin.  It's really kind of a shocking lack from a makeup company.

(If I wore Bare Minerals foundation, I'd wear medium - not medium beige, which is warmer.)  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.