Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about oryza sativa (rice powder) Does it cause acne?

I have read such conflicting blogs, messages, articles on rice powder. I think there might be a difference between the rice powder bought and used for homemade scrubs, mask etc. and the rice powder that is put into some mineral powders. My question for you all now is: Could the rice powder cause a 'purge' effect? I did read that it helps clean out the pores???? I am confused. I am wondering if my very small few pimples (that only I can notice I am sure) were from the one days usage of EPIC mineral powder (which I loved!) . . . I was REALLY hoping to love AND be able to use this product. It is a great color match. P.S. If I did not have two 'events' coming up, I'd try it for a week straight. But Id like to be clear for family who have not seen me in some time, pictures, . . . I have been cystic and otherwise pimple free for a month or so and enjoying it. It took me 3 weeks (literally) to recover from the last product I used that caused cystic acne. At 47 (any age really), that was no fun.