Frequent Contributor

Question about oil and remoist for color (red) treated hair?

I just finished getting most of my platinum hair cut off so most of my hair is now WEN hair except for just the tips. I have short, fine hair and decided to color it red for a change. I know that red is harder to keep in so I read the older threads and most suggest using Fig for color treated hair, which I have and will do that. My question is, what about the oil and remoist? Is one formula better than another for the red hair? Or does it matter?

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about oil and remoist for color (red) treated hair?

I don't color, but the red-haired WEN model is on the video for the gallons on the WEN page and hers is not a natural red, of course. I don't know if she says on there what formulas she favours. You might try watching that if you don't get a definitive answer on the forums.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Frequent Contributor

On 6/20/2014 Kjelle said:

I don't color, but the red-haired WEN model is on the video for the gallons on the WEN page and hers is not a natural red, of course. I don't know if she says on there what formulas she favours. You might try watching that if you don't get a definitive answer on the forums.

Thanks! I will check that out.

Trusted Contributor

I don't believe the formula for the oils and Remoist would make any difference, regarding your new color. The only thing that I've ever heard mentioned is that Tea Tree is great for grey/white hair, but I think that was primarily for the CC, helps to keep the white hairs from "yellowing".

So, I think you're good to use whatever formula you want. Congrats on the new color!