Honored Contributor

Re: Question about nail strengtheners and hardeners ?

If you have a serious peeling and/or splitting problem, you might be allergic to an ingredient in nail polish. That is my problem, I also have trouble with the clear coat "strengtheners." So I've given them all up since I don't know the single ingredient that is causing this issue. I use TIPS or Strong Nail Systems moisturizer. Both are oils, nothing but oils goes on my nails now.

Regular Contributor

Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus. After 20 years of Salon nails, I tried many, many products and this is my Holy Grail!! Some people think I have the Gel Nails on. I can do a Manicure with polish and it will last from 7-10 days. I will NEVER be without this stuff. Good luck on whatever you choose.

Respected Contributor

Someone posted on here about Hard As Hoofs Cream. Been using for about 6 wks with wonderful results. Sold at Walmart near the Sally Hansen stuff. Required 3x day use but well worth it and very cheap.

Super Contributor

I swear by DermaNail Conditioner.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 tigriss said:
On 5/3/2014 MALC said:

I swear by T.I.P.S. I could never grow nails, due to peeling and breaking, until I started using this product. Now I won't be without it.

TIPS sounds very similar to the Delore Nail I use. I get Delore Nails from Amazon for 2 for $11.98 prime shipping. Delore Nails is all natural Ingredients

Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Corn Oil, Peanut Oil, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid Tocopherol, Retinol, Ergocalciferol

Tips seems to have more chemicals than Delore and for the price difference...well you judge.

Thanks for posting about this one tigriss. I am going to check it out on Amazon. I used TIPS when it was on HSN and liked it. I just think it is overpriced for what you get. I like Nailtiques but it dries my cuticles out.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/3/2014 jessielj said: I recently started using Julep's Mighty nail and cuticle wand and their oxygen treatment polish. Both have made a quick and noticeable difference in the health and strength of my nails. They look great! I definitely recommend these products!

That Julep serum is AMAZING stuff! They say to use it once or twice a day for two weeks and then only once a week, but I've found that I need it daily--twice if I'm going out. I apply it as I'm getting ready since it gets rid of any cuticle dryness in a New York second. I'll have to check out the oxygen polish.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 myshell624 said:
On 5/3/2014 tigriss said:
On 5/3/2014 MALC said:

I swear by T.I.P.S. I could never grow nails, due to peeling and breaking, until I started using this product. Now I won't be without it.

TIPS sounds very similar to the Delore Nail I use. I get Delore Nails from Amazon for 2 for $11.98 prime shipping. Delore Nails is all natural Ingredients

Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Corn Oil, Peanut Oil, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid Tocopherol, Retinol, Ergocalciferol

Tips seems to have more chemicals than Delore and for the price difference...well you judge.

Thanks for posting about this one tigriss. I am going to check it out on Amazon. I used TIPS when it was on HSN and liked it. I just think it is overpriced for what you get. I like Nailtiques but it dries my cuticles out.

The ingredient deck is great. It is helping my hard working cuticles and hands. The cost is the other great thing!

New Contributor

I agree with the Nailtiques Formula 2 plus. I could never wear polish without chipping and peeling. I use as a base coat, then after color, as a top coat. I also add another coat every few days for the shine upkeep and I have had great results. I was able to graduate to Formula 2 after about 6-9 months.
Super Contributor

Used Nailtiques for quiet awhile but because of the toxic ingredients I switched to another one that is 5-free. Sorry I forget the name but it was recommended on this board a lot in the past.

No hardening or peeling treatment product worked for me for an extended period of time. I stopped using anything and let my nails heal. Now I don't wear any of those treatment type products on them and I have no peeling problem (which I had for over a year while I was using products to fix it). I keep my nails short and don't wear nail polish either, so that may also be a factor in my not having problems with them anymore.

Super Contributor

Trind is the best nail strengthener I have used. Been using it for years and my nails are in great shape.