Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about nail strengtheners and hardeners ?

That's great news Customer QVC as I've NEVER been able to wear polish. No matter what I tried, the top of the nail would start chipping off by midday and by the end of the day, with the darker shade of polish, my whole appearance would suffer...now that I have your method, I'm going to give it a try! Thanks so much!

Super Contributor

I purchased Nail Magic a couple years ago. I read somewhere that it causes some "pain" for some people. Unfortunately, I was one of those people. It was weird...as soon as I applied it, my nails burned uncomfortably. I never gave it a chance to see if it worked to strengthen my nails as the burning scared me!

Contributor

I also have awful nails since taking acrylics off almost 2 years ago and like getting suggestions of what to use.
Honored Contributor

Duri Rejuvacote and try taking at least 5000 mcg Biotin daily.

Trusted Contributor

Years ago, I had a co-worker that had the most beautiful nails. Long, hard, never split or broke. She also had great hair. I asked her once what her secret was and she told me that she had a small serving of Jello every day. Said that the gelatin was the thing that made her nails hard. Don't know if it's true, but I've been thinking of trying it - can't hurt. My nails are terrible this year. Don't know if it's the prolonged cold weather but they are splitting (something I never had a problem with) and breaking.

Contributor

I swear by T.I.P.S. I could never grow nails, due to peeling and breaking, until I started using this product. Now I won't be without it.

Super Contributor

haven't read entire thread, but I've used Rejuvicote and the pink stuff. suggested here was "hoof nail strenghtening cream",,, been using it and it's been great for my peeling and breaking nails. Have tried many. This I get at Wmart, it's near the Sally Hansen stuff. It's in a small jar and is nice almondy/cherry smelling. Worth a try.

Occasional Contributor

I recently started using Julep's Mighty nail and cuticle wand and their oxygen treatment polish. Both have made a quick and noticeable difference in the health and strength of my nails. They look great! I definitely recommend these products!
Respected Contributor

On 5/3/2014 MALC said:

I swear by T.I.P.S. I could never grow nails, due to peeling and breaking, until I started using this product. Now I won't be without it.

TIPS sounds very similar to the Delore Nail I use. I get Delore Nails from Amazon for 2 for $11.98 prime shipping. Delore Nails is all natural Ingredients

Soybean Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Corn Oil, Peanut Oil, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid Tocopherol, Retinol, Ergocalciferol

Tips seems to have more chemicals than Delore and for the price difference...well you judge.

Trusted Contributor

I'm getting that Nailtiques Formula 2 this week. I've seen so many great reviews for it. My nails are growing like crazy since I've been taking Biotin, but they still split and peel. Hoping Nailtiques is the answer.