Frequent Contributor

Question about nail strengtheners and hardeners ?

can someone suggest a nail hardener that actually works. My nails have gotten really thin and peeling.

I would prefer something that makes them feel harder when applied, not waiting 30 days

would love suggestions that I can get locally, not qvc

thanks,

sher

Super Contributor

Re: Question about nail strengtheners and hardeners ?

I've had good results with Nailtique and Nailtique 2. You can find them at your local drugstore - I get them at CVS.

Respected Contributor

Nailtiques Formula 2 at CVS. $10

Honored Contributor

Nailtiques gets my vote as well, but you do need to use it everyday.....and I need to take my own advice.

Super Contributor

On 5/2/2014 tigriss said:

Nailtiques Formula 2 at CVS. $10

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If I understand correctly, a nail strengthener penetrates the nail, and a strengthener sits on top of the nail and hardens the surface.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for the replies.

LOL that is what I have on my nails right now. It just doesnt work like it used to.

Has anyone ever used Nail Magic. I have heard soo much about it through the years but have never tried it. I believe it can be purchased at Sally's.

I think it is supposed to make nails really hard and help them grow.

Thanks again.

Respected Contributor

My nails have been awful lately, and I know I really haven't taken care of them. I had a pedicure today, and decided on a manicure also. I told the manicurist about the problems with my nails (soft, splitting), and she used Nail Envy before she polished my nails, and afterwards also. I'll have to wait to see how this works for me. It's not cheap, but it will be worth it to me if it helps to harden my nails. (Sorry, I wrote "Nail Magic" -- the manicurist used Nail Envy on my nails.)

Super Contributor

I have been using Suave Professionals Keratin shampoo and I think the keratin the the shampoo is strengthening my nails. They have been so much stronger lately and growing too. It's either the Suave or it is the Biolage Bamboo Strengthening shampoo which I also started using recently. I switch back between the two.

Super Contributor

Andrew Lessman Skin Hair Nails, or Barielle Nail Strengthener Creme. I don't know of anything that has an immediate effect.