Honored Contributor

Re: Question about lids for our beauty experts

@Shanus wrote:

I think if the product is in a jar, every time you stick your fingers in, you’re contaminating the contents. Putting the inner lid on just seals in the bacteria. I toss them.

Before cleansing and/or using skincare, I wash my hands first. I purchase little spatulas or popsicle sticks at Dollar Store, etc. I use those to take product out of the jar and don’t double dip...use other end of stick if I need more. 

When traveling, I transfer to smaller containers leaving room at the top for expansion....Definitely keep samples of the products so have smaller sizes to refill and not have to label. 

Picture Josie w/ her hands in her argan creams....ewwwwh!

After cleansing your face your fingers should be clean enough to stick in a jar??

Respected Contributor

I throw it away.  I've never had any problem even when traveling.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I think if the product is in a jar, every time you stick your fingers in, you’re contaminating the contents. Putting the inner lid on just seals in the bacteria. I toss them.

Before cleansing and/or using skincare, I wash my hands first. I purchase little spatulas or popsicle sticks at Dollar Store, etc. I use those to take product out of the jar and don’t double dip...use other end of stick if I need more. 

When traveling, I transfer to smaller containers leaving room at the top for expansion....Definitely keep samples of the products so have smaller sizes to refill and not have to label. 

Picture Josie w/ her hands in her argan creams....ewwwwh!

After cleansing your face your fingers should be clean enough to stick in a jar??

@Judaline  I always use a stick or spatula....clean hands can’t hurt when touching face & eyes applying product from the stick.