Valued Contributor

Question about an old IT Cosmetics lip product

I am purging lip products and ran across brand new in box IT Lip product with a blue color and titled News Anchor Blue.  I do recall a presentation on this a long time ago but cannot recall what this particular blue lip product does.  Do any of you use this product and can hopefully enlighten me if I use alone, on top of other lip color, etc.?  Seems like at the time I thought it sounded neat and helpful but now am clueless.  Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about an old IT Cosmetics lip product

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

I am purging lip products and ran across brand new in box IT Lip product with a blue color and titled News Anchor Blue.  I do recall a presentation on this a long time ago but cannot recall what this particular blue lip product does.  Do any of you use this product and can hopefully enlighten me if I use alone, on top of other lip color, etc.?  Seems like at the time I thought it sounded neat and helpful but now am clueless.  Thanks!!

@just wonder @I found plenty of things about this online. The blue coloration is supposed to make your lips blue which will supposedly make your teeth look whiter. it appears clear on the lips but it has blue micro crystals that are supposed to counteract yellow in your teeth to give your teeth a whiter appearance. Supposedly, the idea comes from a truck that news anchors used to do in which they mixed blue eye shadow with clear lip gloss and wore this on top of their lipstick. One blogger said she saw no difference in the appearance of her teeth. One seller is trying to sell one tube for $59 on eBay. 

Honored Contributor

@just wonder   I have this product.  As mindy stated, the blue tint is supposed to make your teeth look whiter.  I don't know about that, I just occasionally use it as a clear gloss. (I don't remember specifically buying this...maybe it came in a kit)

If I felt my teeth weren't looking white enough, I'd be using products directly on my teeth to whiten them! 

Valued Contributor

I had some of those from kits. I liked it and thought it did help make my teeth look whiter. Maybe it was just me, but I'd continue to purchase it if available. Not for $60 though.
Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79    If you remember getting yours in a kit, then that's probably how I got mine.  We likely didn't pay more than $60 for the whole kit!

the product has been discontinued, so whatever is being sold on eBay must be on the older side, as is what I still have.   It seems good, though!

Trusted Contributor

I remember the woman who started the company (I can't remember her name) said when she was a broadcaster they used blue tinted lips products to make their teeth whiter. I was always intrigued by this product but never purchased since the reviews were never good.