Trusted Contributor

Question about Mineral Veil's

I was never able to use the loose BE minerals due to the bismuth and also my skin being so dry. Hence I never tried MV. I am considering picking up a MV now just to have on hand for a light finish when I feel the need and wondered what are anyone's favorites of all the different types available now (brightening, feather-light, hydrating, etc.)

And has anyone used the tinted hydrating - is the tint pretty universal or does it favor one skin tone over another? I am light/medium with strong cool undertones.

thanks so much as I appreciate any feedback from the BE crowd. I consider you guys the resident experts around here.

Super Contributor

Re: Question about Mineral Veil's

My favorite is the loose bronzing mineral veil. I don't wear foundation, just concealer with a dusting of this over it. It seems to blur all my imperfections away, while giving me a beautiful glow. Although they call it bronzing, to me it's much lighter & not really your typical bronzer. I also like the original loose MV and the Ready original MV. The original really absorbs oil and no matter how much you use, you can't see it on your face. I use this MV during the day if a touch up for oil/shine is needed. It doesn't affect my bronzing MV at all by touching up with the original. My skin tone is medium beige, but much darker in the summer. I usually wear both year round.
Honored Contributor

My favorite is peach.

Respected Contributor

Stay away! The tinted MV with bronzer goes on orange or muddy. I have yet to find a BE bronzer that works on my skin. I use the original MV. Good luckSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 5/7/2014 Skylands said:

Stay away! The tinted MV with bronzer goes on orange or muddy. I have yet to find a BE bronzer that works on my skin. I use the original MV. Good luckSmiley Happy

Are you referring to the tinted hydrating mineral veil or the regular tinted MV? Is your skin very fair or more light to medium?

Since the last worry I ever have with my skin is oiliness or shine, I wasn't even thinking about the original MV. Guess I just felt it might be too drying. But maybe not, huh?

What I hope to gain from using MV is a slight glow or brightness to my skin so was looking at the feather-light, the hydrating (due to my extreme dryness) and the brightening. There is also that new 5 in 1 would just sounds like an overall healthy MV.

I've been looking on ebay and the variations of MV is quite confusing, especially for a complete newbie like me.

Thanks everyone for your feedback - much appreciated.

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 wackers said:
On 5/7/2014 Skylands said:

Are you referring to the tinted hydrating mineral veil or the regular tinted MV? Is your skin very fair or more light to medium?

Since the last worry I ever have with my skin is oiliness or shine, I wasn't even thinking about the original MV. Guess I just felt it might be too drying. But maybe not, huh?

What I hope to gain from using MV is a slight glow or brightness to my skin so was looking at the feather-light, the hydrating (due to my extreme dryness) and the brightening. There is also that new 5 in 1 would just sounds like an overall healthy MV.

I've been looking on ebay and the variations of MV is quite confusing, especially for a complete newbie like me.

Thanks everyone for your feedback - much appreciated.

I have oily skin and use the regular/original MV. Hydrating MV, I felt made my skin break outSmiley Sad

I'm not looking for a glow from MV. I & use it to touch up during the day and to set my make-up.

With the passing of time I'm using Summer Bisque anymore for make-up. Stopped using BE for full coverage as I wasn't liking the look it gave & "Ready" is very heavy lookingSmiley Sad

If you can, I'd go to a BE boutique and try it and get advice. Good luck.

Super Contributor

I have almost all of the MV's, and the loose tinted hydrating mineral veil is really nice, I wear Fairly Medium to Medium in Original and I don't notice any extra color using the loose tinted hydrating MV.