Respected Contributor

Question about Korres Scents

I bought the last bundle in Bergamot Pear. I liked the products but not the scent. I don't like to smell fruity or overly sweet or floral....I like to smell fresh and clean. Would you recommend a certain scent?
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about Korres Scents

Hi Rachb--I love the Guava scent as it's a very light scent & the scent goes away so it doesn't conflict with any perfume that you are wearing. Also the yogurt one is plain so it really doesn't have a scent. I really love their body butters they are the most moisturizing butters that I have ever used. I'm totally hooked on them. I think HSN & Korres is having a TSV starting on Thursday. I have no idea what it is but I'm sure I will be buying it!

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I bought the last bundle in Bergamot Pear. I liked the products but not the scent. I don't like to smell fruity or overly sweet or floral....I like to smell fresh and clean. Would you recommend a certain scent?

I bought the same flavor too and I'm not that fond of it. Has too much of the bergamont and not enough pear. But I do like the products themselves and will use them up. I did have a male PA at my drs office,. tell me how good I smelled. I can't give any advice on the other scents as this is my first purchase of Korres body stuff. I do like the tube of rose facial cream that came with it. Prob won't buy anymore tho.

Respected Contributor

I might try the yoghurt. I'm wondering about the white grape. Is it fresh and crisp and clean? Or is it sweet? Also, does the butter absorb well?
Super Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I might try theyoghurt. I'm wondering about the white grape. Is it fresh and crisp and clean? Or is it sweet? Also, does the butter absorb well?

White grape in my option smells like old perfume, I did not like the dry down at all. I thought it would be fresh, crisp and clean smelling and it wasn't. They do absorb nicely,and I like what they don't have in them (ingredients).

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I may try the plain yoghurt. Hoping tomorrow's bundle includes that.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have not tried the Yoghurt yet but I think it's worth a try fragrance wise. One review says it has a subtle fragrance. I like the Jasmine best so far of the ones I have tried. I know a lot of people like the Guava but I don't. I think the scent is more for a man. JMO. I want to try the Yoghurt, Water Lily & Vanilla Freesia. Korres needs to sell a small size try me kit in lotions & shower gels. I don't want to buy the large bottles to see what they smell like. I did buy some of the small tubes of lotion they have during the holidays. Don't remember any small shower gels.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I might try the yoghurt. I'm wondering about the white grape. Is it fresh and crisp and clean? Or is it sweet? Also, does the butter absorb well?

The body butter does absorb after you rub it in. It only takes a small amount. I find if you use to much it's a little greasy & takes longer to massage in. I have never smelled the white grape. I saw on another thread the TS will be a 4 pc Yoghurt set. It will have a better price so maybe try it.

Respected Contributor

I'll probably buy the TS if it comes in the yoghurt scent and a few other Korres items to try. I'm eyeing the cherry vanilla.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
To my nose, the yogurt really has no distinctive smell. It smells like plain greek yogurt - like you bought a tub of it from local grocery store. A slight smell that quickly disappears as its soaked in. I don't notice any scent once it's rubbed in unlike other Korres scents. I can easily use perfume or other body sprays with the yogurt and not worry about a conflict of scents if that makes sense? I haven't tried the cherry vanilla yet but the reviews have been pretty good for it on HSN. I'm not really a fan of sweet heavy scents so I've stayed away from it but please post your opinion if you get it!