Super Contributor

Question about JM Sugar Balm Body Scrub

Looks like it comes in a mason jar-like container. Is it glass or plastic? I have a marble shower and the thought of a glass jar slipping or falling prevents me from wanting to buy it. But if it's plastic....different story.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about JM Sugar Balm Body Scrub

It's plastic.  I love this stuff but after using it for 2 months my shower clogged and my husband snaked out a wad of my hair covered in waxy balm...I now use it very, very sparingly.  Just warning you.

Super Contributor

Ewwwwww. Thanks for the heads up
Respected Contributor

I use Josie's body scrub and what I do is use the little wooden scoop and take a scoop of it and set the scoop on the edge of the shower (where it won't get wet) and then use it during my shower from the wooden scoop on my arms and legs. I haven't had any shower clogging problems (knock on wood!). 

Super Contributor

So I ordered this and am really looking forward to using it in my shower tonight. For those who have it, do you really use that little scoop that came with it? I feel that since it's wooden, it would mold really quickly...
Respected Contributor

This is one of Joise's favorite products ..I have never had any plumbing issues & I have used it for a long time..I am lucky to have a shelf inside the shower so I don't have any issues, but do use the little wood thing..

Enjoy...Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@quadmimi I have a little shelf too. Going to use it now!
Respected Contributor

Just used her scrub this morning and it makes my skin so soft. Haven't had an issue with clogged drains but I will be careful. A few years ago WEN caused a major backup in my drains so I sure don't want to go through that again.

Esteemed Contributor

I have this in my shower all the time. I use the wooden scoop and one scoop is really plenty. I spray it off with the shower when I'm done and sit it on the soap dish to air dry. No mold, no smell  it works just fine.