Frequent Contributor

Question about IT foundation wardrobe collection

I ordered the IT collection during the 24 hour beauty event in light. The O2 liquid foundation was in light, but the bye bye under eye concealer was neutral medium and the celebration foundation was light medium. I thought light and medium was 2 different shade choices. Neutral medium is not even a selection for the concealer. Did anyone else get this collection in the light shade? I guess I could call CS for an explanation.
Respected Contributor

Re: Question about IT foundation wardrobe collection

Here's the deal. The Bye-Bye in medium neutral is really the light shade - they don't have a shade that is a true "light" so that's the match for the O2 and CC cream in light (which is light to medium). The fair in their products, at least for the 02 and CC, is very fair. The medium is on the slightly darker side of medium IMO. The Bye-Bye in fair would be very light, so it depends if you want it about the same hue as your foundation, or much lighter.

Super Contributor

I'm having the same issues with this kit - the colors are not consistent with each other. I ordered in light, but wish I had ordered fair - which is extremely unusual for my coloring. The concealer seemed shades lighter than either of the foundations. The CF appeared much too dark, and the O2 was slightly ruddy on me, also.

Frequent Contributor

I might be sending it back because the CF is too dark. The shade chart in comparison to what you actually get is misleading IMO, especially the concealer shades.
Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Desi said:

Here's the deal. The Bye-Bye in medium neutral is really the light shade - they don't have a shade that is a true "light" so that's the match for the O2 and CC cream in light (which is light to medium). The fair in their products, at least for the 02 and CC, is very fair. The medium is on the slightly darker side of medium IMO. The Bye-Bye in fair would be very light, so it depends if you want it about the same hue as your foundation, or much lighter.

Desi, they do have "light" shade, at least on their website and at ULTA.

I just saw something funny, btw, in the Q&A section for this product on ULTA. Someone said that the description says that the product is award-winning, so she wanted to know what awards it has won. I have a feeling she was being a bit of a smart*#@. The staff at ULTA staff answered by listing 15 awards given to this concealer. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Suzy, you are right, they have a light, but it's equivalent to fair, which they don't have. The neutral-medium is really the light to medium. Gotta admit their color names are super confusing.

Good to know they won 15 awards. I don't put a whole lot of faith in awards. Like QVC when we get to nominate, they only have a handful to choose from, not all the brands they carry.

Honored Contributor

On 5/25/2014 Desi said:

Suzy, you are right, they have a light, but it's equivalent to fair, which they don't have. The neutral-medium is really the light to medium. Gotta admit their color names are super confusing.

Good to know they won 15 awards. I don't put a whole lot of faith in awards. Like QVC when we get to nominate, they only have a handful to choose from, not all the brands they carry.

Yes, since I know how light the neutral medium is, I would think that the "light" equates to "fair."

The shades don't work well for me, since I need something in between "neutral medium," which was oddly pink on me, and "tan" (described on their site as a warm medium), which was too orange for me. I ended up with both, but the texture doesn't lend itself to blending them together easily.

Oh, I wasn't really implying that the awards meant anything. I just thought it was a snarky question and liked the list they threw at whoever asked it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I asked on FB if they might add more shades, since I'd love one between fair and light. They answered promptly that they are always working on coming out with new products and shades. So far, haven't seen any new shades. Fair in the CC and 02 is a little too light, washes me out, and emphasizes lines and pores. Neutral-medium in the Bye-Bye is too dark and peachy for me also. I decided light is better in 02 and CC but it really is a tiny bit to dark and peachy but I am making it work.

I don't get the snarkiness. People just seem to enjoy getting away with it since they are invisible on forums and boards.

Frequent Contributor

I really like the texture and feel of the products. I may keep them after all...I can mix it with my fair Smashbox concealer to get an almost perfect shade match....the brush is awesome!
Frequent Contributor

Also thanks to you ladies for the replies!