Frequent Contributor

Question about Elemis Special Buy

Is this product as effective as they say?  Also - is this the orginial formula or has it been altered so they can sell it for the lower price?  Thank you for any help!

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about Elemis Special Buy

I can only tell you my experience (obviously). I purchased the product from their website. You can go there and compare ingredients. I thought the scent was terrible. Maybe like sweet flowers. The scent never went away. My makeup looked terrible. I wear a liquid foundation. With both the moisturizer and foundation my face looked dry, almost as if I put on powder over my foundation. Needless to say , I returned the product. But this was my experience, thousands rave about Elemis, just not for me. 

Super Contributor

@OutofMadison I have to completely disagree with @Janey2 I absolutely love this product and it's scent. Elemis does one TSV a year to help us loyal customers, and they givve us excellent deals. They are top quality luxary products that are high end. The Marine Cream is their top selling product for a reason. It works and that's why its so popular in 93 countries and one sells every 20 seconds.

Seriously I love it so much I got two sets on auto-delivery. I never want to be without it. I have spent 100's of dollars searching for the perfect mosturizer for me and I stopped looking when I found this one. 

It has a slight spa like fragrance to it that I think smells wonderful. But if you will go read the many reviews for it you will see there are hundreds who love it and a few who do not like the scent. You cannot please everyone, and I understand that.

Super Contributor

I find this cream to have a lightweight scent that goes away almost instantly. I am also not sensitive to fragrance in skincare so I tend to be least dramatic about it. I'm a huge fan of this moisturizer and prefer the SPF formula over to the original. This deal is fantastic. So excited for all the fans of this iconic gem. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Look at the before and after.  Do you see a significant difference?  I laughed.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I have been looking for a new moisterizer.  Do you use day or night, or both?

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Probably not. It's all about the same. 

Valued Contributor

@OutofMadison I can only speak of my opinion but I honesty love this product. I am a skincare junkie and have tried many products that were not that effective. I’m a huge fan of Elemis and have tried several of there products which have made a huge difference in my face. I had this huge wrinkle on
My forehead and now I can’t even see it. I also has issues with puffiness around my eyes and discoloration and now my eyes look amazing. This is one product I won’t be without this and my first aid lotion. I honestly do not smell any fragrance with this product but my sense of smell has never been the best.
Honored Contributor

Never used this, but the label does say it is a day crream, even the one with no SPF is a day cream. There is a companion night cream. But, my feeling is that if the day cream works for you, use it all the time. 

Honored Contributor

Lots of travel sizes listed on ebay if you want to try it, good prices too.