Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question about Cerave Cleanser, or other suggestions

I've always used a wet washcloth to wipe off as much makeup as possible before I use a cleanser. 

Both Abolene and Pond's Cold Cream are excellent - I've used both over the years.  Last winter I discovered Neutrogena Cream Cleanser Deep Clean in a yellow tube and I've used it every night since.  Removes all makeup in one cleansing!  It's cheap and I can buy it at the supermarket (always a plus for me). 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

@Poodlepet2 the Campanelli cloths and water really take off a full face of makeup?
Super Contributor

I agree with @tototwo don't waste money on a "makeup remover" just use water to get off as much as you can first.  As far as cleansers go I'm using Biore Baking Soda cleanser and I really like it. It is also a light exfoliator

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB Where do you buy those cloths?They sound interesting.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dexI just ordered them here on the Q. But hoping @poodlepet2 will chime in on their efficacy. 

Honored Contributor

L'Oreal Age Perfect Cream Cleanser

not really "creamy" and goopy its also suds up, and not drying

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB I guess you are a much better navigator than I am because I can't find.What search term should I use if you don't mind telling me...thanks

Super Contributor

@dex A340743
Respected Contributor

Yes StillRach-they even remove waterproof eye makeup.  I use warm water-that's it. The only thing you need to worry about is that they shed a little.  They come with a zippered bag for washing in your washer and dryer, but they can leave a little lint behind on your face.  Once your face is dry, just take a fluffy brush and brush off. The lint goes away after a few wash and dry cycles. They are so soft and you don't have to worry about stripping your skin etc.

Enjoy!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I used purity for years.  I have dry sensitive rosacea prone skin just like you.  I heard alot about cetaphil so I tried it.  Not for me, my skin didn't feel clean like purity.  I was reluctant to try cerave but at the advice of my derm (who assured me it was the best thing for my skin and to use it for a few weeks)  i decided to give it a real try. 

Best thing I ever did.  What I was mistaking for clean skin was actually stripped skin from the purity.  It took a while for me to adjust to the new "clean" but again, best thing I ever did.  My skin looks better than ever.  I'm going on 56, dont even look close to that age and I have very few wrinkles.  Much certainly attributed to genetics and good diet, but the rosacea is at bay and my skin doesn't hurt which is definetly the cerave. 

My advice is to try it to the end of a bottle.  Its inexpensive and available everywhere.  You can google it and get great coupons.  I grant you everyones skin is different and everyone has a different idea of how they want their skin to feel but this switch for me was "skin" life changing for the better.  

Fyi...Ive tried the salycic acid cerave and didnt like it.  I use the plain old green and whitembottle.  Love it.