New Contributor

Question about Bareminerals complexion rescue

I am 63 and just bought this to try for the first time.  Can anyone tell me if it would be best to put a moisturizer under this cream for best results or if this is enough on its own.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Bareminerals complexion rescue

I use a light moisturizer, as my skin is really dry.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

There are threads here on the BE forum under My Favorite Brands that talk about a variety of ways to use it.  Some use it with and some use it without moisturizer.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I would really recommend you try it both ways but start with a light moisturizer I find your skin is dry.  I use it alone but after I use a peel and sometimes in the winter I need a little extra moisturizer with it.  I'm 52 with pretty normal skin.

This is the only foundation I can use.  My skin is sensitive and prone to breakouts and this is my one and only foundation now for several years.  A little light powder if too dewy and I'm set.

Respected Contributor

Good luck.  I sent my TSV back.  The stuff just stays tacky unless I powder the heck out of my face.  Same way with IT's Bye Bye full coverage moisturizer.  My skin is dry, but these types of products just never set on me. Ever.  I have to use a good amount of setting powder to get them to stop being sticky/tacky.

Esteemed Contributor

@zip2me wrote:

I am 63 and just bought this to try for the first time.  Can anyone tell me if it would be best to put a moisturizer under this cream for best results or if this is enough on its own.

I use Peter Thomas Roth's cloud moisturizer w/hyaluronic acid..the same ingredient thats in the Bareminerals complexion rescue!  I've also used hyaluronic acid drops... also used the complexion rescue on its own. I think it depends on your skin..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
New Contributor

I'm 68 and use Complexion Rescue every day. I do not use a moisturizer under it--but I sometimes use Laura Geller Balance n Brighten over it. This is my go-to favorite product, and really couldn't live without it. I wear the Vanilla shade, and it's perfect for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for this product as the coverage is so sheer.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"