Valued Contributor

Question Regarding New L'Oreal Revitalift Products

I was just wondering if anyone has tried and are using any of these products.  From what I've seen and read, they sound interesting and I'm thinking of giving them a try.  If you have tried them, please advise what you thought, what you like and don't like and the products you are using and your routine.  Thanks for the info.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question Regarding New L'Oreal Revitalift Products

[ Edited ]

@patticakes   L'Oreal sent me trial sizes of that line to try. They were moisturizing, but since I use Skinceuticals as my skincare, I think that has much stronger concentrations of active ingredients. I know the percentage of peptides, acids, etc. are not the same. I also doubt the Retinol is RX strength. I guess you know how I feel about promises of firming/lifting. After the 3 wks. (all that was in the jars/tubes), I saw no different  results. My skin just felt like I had used a somewhat inferior moisturizer because it did not sink in.

I had to massage in for awhile before I could apply my usual minimal makeup. The day moisturizer also felt sticky.

Here are the trial sizes they sent:

1.  Triple Power Moisturizer (Pro Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid+ Vit. C)

2.  Derm Intensives Vit. C Serum

3.  Triple Power Eye Treatment

4.  Anti Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream

5.  Night Serum with Pure Retinol

***I really was not impressed, but hope I don't sound too spoiled when I say I have been using higher end skincare products for many years and prescription strength Retin A for over 30 years. It was difficult for me to make a true comparison. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patticakes wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone has tried and are using any of these products.  From what I've seen and read, they sound interesting and I'm thinking of giving them a try.  If you have tried them, please advise what you thought, what you like and don't like and the products you are using and your routine.  Thanks for the info.

@patticakes 

I let Eva whatshername talk me into buying the Revitalift Triple Power Moisturizer. LOL

I bought a double pack at BJ's, where it was still expensive, and have been using it daily  for over a month now. It has done NADA for me. The only plus is that it soaks in fast if I use just it alone so I can put my foundation (Bare Minerals) on without having a long wait and doesn't pill on my face unless I use my other L'Oreal Regerist first in which case I get pilling. 

The directions on the back of the jar say to use it AFTER Revitalift Serum or Treatment. I didn't know that when I bought it or wouldn't have. But I had been using the Regenerist Micro and still have some so I use a little of that first unless I'm in a hurry then just the Revitalift. But like I said, if I use that first it does pill.

I'm expecting a ROC product today ordered from Amazon. It has good reviews so might as well give that a try. If I like that I'm tossing the rest of the L'Oreal Triple Power in the can.

Honored Contributor

I've never tried anything from this line that I can recall.  If I have, it was from a sample that came in a magazine and it must not have struck me as anything great.

The one thing I do remember trying from a magazine sample is the Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer and I really, really liked it.  Of course the sample was only 3 days worth of use but it felt really nice on my skin, and really did give it a nice glow.  But I don't know long term what it would have done. 

Most of L'Oreal's products are way too fragranced for me.  

Respected Contributor

@patticakes 

Had a microdermabrasion appt. last week and the aesthetician asked me what I had been doing with my skincare.  She said she noticed my skin was brighter and more even-toned.  ( I am 76 and never wear makeup to these appts. )

Two things were very different since my last appt.  First, I replaced my Clarisonic with a Luna by Foreo.  Second, I used L'Oreal's 10% Glycolic Acid after nightly Luna cleansing.

After following this routine for a few days, I knew my skin felt smoother.  After a little longer, I thought my skin looked better without makeup on the days I stayed indoors.

Now, when I use a little makeup, the difference is amazing.

My routine is quite simple compared to posts I have been reading over a long time about all the products others are using.  I have neither the time nor the patience for lengthy routines.  Thank goodness I found something that is easy.

Moisturizer for daytime with SPF 30: LaRoche-Posay at CVS...sale: buy one, get one 40% off.

Moisturizer for nighttime: Dr. Denese...annual QVC Supra size specials.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@patticakes wrote:

I just opened my second  jar of their anti ageing cream. It's very creamy, I like it, buy it from Amazon $27.06 a jar. You might like to try it. I'm 87 so not looking for miracles, but like the way it goes on. I only wear lipstick, so don't know how it works with makeup.My parents blessed me with good skin, so I don't have wrinkles yet, just trying not to encourage them. It lasts quite a while too.