Honored Contributor

Question Re: Paula's Choice Products

I'm considering ordering Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Serum and Skin Recovery Moisturizer. Is it okay to use these two together? Is it overkill to use both? Do I use the serum first and then the moisturizer? I used to use several of Dr. Denese's products but haven't in a long time. I was using Retin-A for several years but my skin kept peeling so I quit. I've forgotten the order to use different products. Does anyone use these two products? I'm 57 years old, and harsh products bring out rosacea on my face--not with bumps but just redness.

When I quit using Retin-A I just switched to only using a moisturizer. My face isn't as smooth as it once was, and I'm trying to bring the smoothness back. I'm using Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir at night. It has glycolic acid. I just started using it but so far am not impressed. I'm going to switch to something that's cruelty free when I finish this bottle.

Also, were Paula's collections designed to be used together, such as all Resist products together, etc., or can I combine the Resist and Skin Recovery products? I know I can call them and ask but thought some of you would probably know. Sorry this post is so long. I appreciate any help you can give me.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

Re: Question Re: Paula's Choice Products

Hi. I use both of those. That serum is very rich! I use it only at night and I use it under that moisturizer. I'm pretty sure that adding her AHA to my routine has made my skin much more soft and smooth. You might look into that. I have the two resurfacing products. One I use nightly (5%AHA) and one once a week (10%.) I am sure all the products are helping but I started using the AHA a couple weeks after starting the other products and about a week after using AHA I started really noticing how soft my skin was! You should call them and they will help you out but those are very nice products you are asking about. If you are interested in the AHA I would definitely call PC since you have rosacea your skin may not tolerate it. You can order inexpensive samples which is nice!
Honored Contributor

NickNack, I mix products from several of her lines. I do use the Resist Anti-Oxidant serum, but I prefer the "light" version. And I use her Skin Recovery moisturizer every single night as a face, eye, and neck moisturizer.

You can certainly use the serum under the moisturizer. I don't only because I use her Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair retinol serum under it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thank you both. It sounds like I've picked out two good products. I'll go ahead and order them. Cardamom, I'll order her AHA product when I finish the Olay. It's also an AHA product (8 - 10% glycolic acid).

I would use the serum over the Olay at night, right?

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 NickNack said:

Thank you both. It sounds like I've picked out two good products. I'll go ahead and order them. Cardamom, I'll order her AHA product when I finish the Olay. It's also an AHA product (8 - 10% glycolic acid).

I would use the serum over the Olay at night, right?

NickNack, if your Olay product is an AHA, it should go first on clean skin.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Thank you.

-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

NickNack, Cardamom and SuzyQ3 are 2 of the most experienced posters here, so you have been in good hands.

One of the best parts of using PC products is that Paula has a very responsive Customer Service department. If you develop further questions, you can email or directly call them. They have so much integrity that they once told me I didn't need a retinol product when I gave them details of my regimen and asked if I needed retinol. That really impressed me!

The email and phone # are on her website. You can earn rebates if you buy thru MRREBATES. Be sure to check the web for 20% off coupons, which are frequent.

If you have an unusual reaction to a product, don't worry. Paula stands behind her products.

I use the Light Antioxidant Serum and a BHA 2% gel and 4% Foam. Both have helped my tone and skin texture. I would also add that a Vitamin C+ serum can do wonders in brightening the skin and smoothing out tone and texture.

Honored Contributor

IrishRose, thank you, too. It does seem like Iv'e been getting excellent advice from people who know what they're talking about. I'd already discovered that I could go through Mr. Rebates. I always appreciate being able to do that. I hadn't checked the web for coupons, though. I'll do that now. IrishRose, you say you use the light serum. Do you have combination/oily skin. I have dry skin so the light serum didn't seem like it would be right for me. However, if I find that it's too heavy I'll exchange it for the light. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate your input. I think I've got a good plan now.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 NickNack said:

IrishRose, thank you, too. It does seem like Iv'e been getting excellent advice from people who know what they're talking about. I'd already discovered that I could go through Mr. Rebates. I always appreciate being able to do that. I hadn't checked the web for coupons, though. I'll do that now. IrishRose, you say you use the light serum. Do you have combination/oily skin. I have dry skin so the light serum didn't seem like it would be right for me. However, if I find that it's too heavy I'll exchange it for the light. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate your input. I think I've got a good plan now.

NickNack, you may find that you like the regular serum very much. It does have a slightly different ingredient deck. But in terms of your skin being dry, neither serum is really a moisturizing product. The main difference in texture is that the light serum is water-based and has fewer (not none, but just fewer) silicones.

I have absolutely no problem with silicones myself, but I just like the texture of the light better. Both are excellent.

Honored Contributor

Okay, thanks for the explanation. I think what I'm going to order is this: Skin Recovery Moisturizer, Resist C15 and Resist Super Antioxidant Serum. I found a $15 off code along with the 6% Mr. Rebates. Plus she's having a sale on serums right now. When I finish my Olay exfoliant I think I'll order the Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment With 5% AHA and Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment With 10% AHA. Then I should have everything that I need (maybe more than enough??).

-Henry David Thoreau