Valued Contributor

Question For Anyone Who's Used MAC Lipstick

First time user. It doesn't say in the ingredient list, but I think there might be peppermint hiding in there. I do get that "minty fresh sensation" when I put my new MAC lipstick on (I got the Macy's Niki Minaj Amplified lipstick deal 2 for $14.88 with their Friends & Family deal) although it's not as intense as some of Tarte's lipsticks. Am I crazy or does anyone else notice this? 

Respected Contributor

Re: Question For Anyone Who's Used MAC Lipstick

@grammarqueen  I am not sure if my MAC lipsticks have peppermint oil or not. This is not something that bothers me. I tried to google it and it looks like some of the lipsticks have different ingredients, but it also showed images of the ingredients to be on the outside of the box. 

I did order a MAC lipstick from Macy’s a couple days ago. I’m sorry, I’m probable no help, but maybe check your box. 😊

You can check the MAC website. I’ve emailed them before also, and they have always got back to me in a timely manner. 

Esteemed Contributor

grammarqueen wrote:

First time user. It doesn't say in the ingredient list, but I think there might be peppermint hiding in there. I do get that "minty fresh sensation" when I put my new MAC lipstick on (I got the Macy's Niki Minaj Amplified lipstick deal 2 for $14.88 with their Friends & Family deal) although it's not as intense as some of Tarte's lipsticks. Am I crazy or does anyone else notice this? 

@grammarqueen, I honestly have never checked MAC's ingredient deck for peppermint, but given how dry their lipsticks make my lips feel, it would not surprise me as peppermint oil can be drying to some folks.  Their website should have ingredients posted somewhere, or if you email them they wil respond.  

Respected Contributor

I've used a lot of Mac Liptsticks & I've never looked for peppermint oil, but I've never felt anything minty when I've used them.

I don't have those particular lipsticks, so I can't say that they don't have.

I always just get the nice vanilla taste.

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@grammarqueen wrote:

@grammarqueen, I honestly have never checked MAC's ingredient deck for peppermint, but given how dry their lipsticks make my lips feel, it would not surprise me as peppermint oil can be drying to some folks.  Their website should have ingredients posted somewhere, or if you email them they wil respond.  

I took the second sentence in grammarqueen's post to mean she had already checked the ingredient list, and didn't see peppermint listed. 

@grammarqueen  I have a few MAC lipsticks, and haven't noticed a peppermint sensation.  I'm wondering if it's just in the Nicki Minaj lipstick collection?  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor

I have a few MAC lipsticks...I don't notice the peppermint...I also agree with the other poster...may just be the Niki Minaj lipstick...

Frequent Contributor

That's just what I was thinking, dusty1- MAC lipsticks taste vanilla, not minty- I haven't purchased MAC in many years so maybe they've changed.