Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Question About Skinn Product

I have a question about the Collagenesis by Skinn Twenty Four Hour Youth Preservation Cream Elite. I don’t know how long I have this jar as I have a lot of skincare products. I just started using it and am wondering what consistency the cream should be? Mine is very solid, no give. Is this an old jar, should I toss it?

Contributor

Re: Question About Skinn Product

I have the 24 Hour Youth Cream. It is very thick, not a fluffy cream. I wouldn't call it solid (like when cream pulls away from the edge of the container), but it is a very dense cream.

Respected Contributor

You can bounce your finger off it if you tap it. Seriously!

Contributor

Check the bottom of the container.  There is a manufactured date like 180304......that would be made on March 4 2018....you have 2 yrs for the product to be good....actually I have used them well past that.  If the product is more than 3-4 years, toss it.  If you can bounce a finger off it, its probably old.  It is a dense cream as stated, but you can dig a finger into it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  can you use a spoon/something you can stir with to see if you can mix the cream? You could also try adding a few drops of liquid oil to it. I wouldn't toss it. If you are not comfortable using it on your face, you could use it as a hand or foot cream. This is ironic but about an hour ago I used a small spatula to get the last of this same product out. The number on the bottom of the jar is 140821 which using @Reba954's format means it is from Aug 2014. It still provided moisturization for my face.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

Using the formula provided, my jar is from 7/6/16. It doesn't seem to smell bad, this should get me to realize to stop buying skincare products for awhile!

Honored Contributor

Maybe use it on your legs and feet!? You wouldn't waste it then.