Super Contributor

Question About SAM Body Lotion

I'm thinking about ordering the kit with the lotion, oil and remoist in SAM, I was wondering if the lotion is as minty as the cc and oil. I ordered it in the Pom and I have some in Lavender and TT & wanted to try a different scent. Which other scents have any of you tried that you loved.
Super Contributor

Re: Question About SAM Body Lotion

I like POM but my favorite is still Fig. It doesn't have any menthol or mint scent to it. Those are the only ones I have tried. Waiting and hoping for BGT!

Super Contributor

I just put some Fig cc on my hand and it's not bad , so that might be a good choice. I know what you mean about the BGT lotion, hope we see it soon. And the oil of course.
Respected Contributor

I have the Sam lotion. It has a minty scent, but it is peppermint, not menthol. The almond scent comes through much better in the lotion than the cc. It gives a slight cooling sensation on this skin. I am on my second bottle of Sam lotion. I liked it enough to reorder it. I also love lavender and cucumber aloe. The cucumber aloe smells amazing, too. It has no menthol scent. It just smells like fresh cut cucumber.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Hilary77 said: I have the Sam lotion. It has a minty scent, but it is peppermint, not menthol. The almond scent comes through much better in the lotion than the cc. It gives a slight cooling sensation on this skin. I am on my second bottle of Sam lotion. I liked it enough to reorder it. I also love lavender and cucumber aloe. The cucumber aloe smells amazing, too. It has no menthol scent. It just smells like fresh cut cucumber.

I love the scent of Almond but I always smelled more menthol or mint in the SAM, it doesn't bother me but I thought it might be too much in a lotion. More almond you say? Thanks a lot Hilary, {#emotions_dlg.devil2}now I want some of this too. I should mention that it really lasts a long time. I got a 16 ounce size almost a year ago and it is only half finished. Now I have two bottles in 32 ounce so I won't be "needing" any for a long time.

Respected Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Treeinwind said:
On 6/21/2014 Hilary77 said: I have the Sam lotion. It has a minty scent, but it is peppermint, not menthol. The almond scent comes through much better in the lotion than the cc. It gives a slight cooling sensation on this skin. I am on my second bottle of Sam lotion. I liked it enough to reorder it. I also love lavender and cucumber aloe. The cucumber aloe smells amazing, too. It has no menthol scent. It just smells like fresh cut cucumber.

I love the scent of Almond but I always smelled more menthol or mint in the SAM, it doesn't bother me but I thought it might be too much in a lotion. More almond you say? Thanks a lot Hilary, {#emotions_dlg.devil2}now I want some of this too. I should mention that it really lasts a long time. I got a 16 ounce size almost a year ago and it is only half finished. Now I have two bottles in 32 ounce so I won't be "needing" any for a long time.

I would say that the peppermint and almond scents are equal in the lotion. It is minty, but it is not vapor rub minty. It is a peppermint scent similar to the peppermint lotions you see around the holidays, but with the sweet almond scent mixed in. I think it smells great, but if you don't like mint scented lotions, you may not like it. I will say that it is not as minty as the sweet almond peppermint oil.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

I put some of the oil on my arm and it is minty, I do have some of the SAM body cleanser I haven't used yet so I opened it to smell and it's very strong on the mint but if the almond scent comes through more on the lotion, that sounds a lot better. Now I don't know which one to order, the Fig or the SAM, those and the cucumber aloe are the only ones I haven't tried yet and I don't like the CA scent in the oil so I doubt if I ever try that one.
Respected Contributor

Question for those who use the BL and BCC. I know Chaz says lather does the same to your skin as your hair, and I am guessing he is anti-exfoliation too. But I just love exfoliating. Do you still do it? Or somehow with these do you miraculously not need exfoliation? I don't know how that could be but maybe.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Kjelle said: Question for those who use the BL and BCC. I know Chaz says lather does the same to your skin as your hair, and I am guessing he is anti-exfoliation too. But I just love exfoliating. Do you still do it? Or somehow with these do you miraculously not need exfoliation? I don't know how that could be but maybe.

I've only tried the POM Body Cleansing Cream, but I really like it. I can absolutely tell a difference in my skin compared to using bar soap (even the good, rich kind) or a moisturizing body wash.

I use it two ways, either rubbing it on with my bare hands (stepping out of the shower spray) or, if I need exfoliation, I apply it using those mesh "scrubbie" gloves that you can buy at Target/Walmart/drugstore. I also use a homemade sugar scrub occasionally (maybe once a week).

Also, I see no reason why exfoliation (as long as in the proper amounts) would be considered a "bad" thing. I don't think Chaz is anti-exfoliation.........I believe some of his treatment oils are designed with ingredients to help exfoliate the scalp. He's obviously anti-lather, but I think it's based in his belief that lather strips the hair (and skin) of its natural oils.

So, exfoliate away!! :-)

Respected Contributor

Chaz used to sell bath salts at Chazdean.com. Here are some of the instructions from the old brochure: "For an all over body scrub combine the Wen bath salts with the Wen bath treatment oils. Apply to skin and leave on for the duration of your shower. Rinse thoroughly. This unique combination is particularly helpful on rough skin, dry heels, knees, and elbows. You may also combine the Wen bath salts with the Wen body cleansing creme for an extra rich, hydrating all over body treatment. Additionally, you can add the Wen bath salts, the Wen body cleansing creme, and the Wen treatment oils into running water for a heavenly bath soaking experience." The ingredients for the bath salts were: sea salts, Dead Sea salts, and essential oils.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!