Contributor

Question About Philosophy Olive Oil Body Scrub

I used to use Philosophy's Olive Oil Body Scrub before I learned about the environmental problems with microbeads.  I just looked at the ingredients for this product online, and it looks like this product contains microbeads (polyethylene).  Does anyone know if Philosophy has reformulated this product?  I'm hoping they have and that QVC just hasn't updated the ingredient list.  I love the product, but I don't want to purchase it if it still contains microbeads.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Question About Philosophy Olive Oil Body Scrub

Good question!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

if you look at the ingredients listed on item #A231302 there no longer appears to be the plastic beads. In the past, they've mentioned a few times it was reformulated to remove the plastic beads. I think it has been that way for at least a year or two now.

There are also apps you can use to scan ingredients and it will let you know if it contains plastic in them.

ETA: I am wrong, it DOES contain the plastic beads! I think I was thinking of their microdelivery scrub or something like that.

BAD stuff- I can't believe they haven't removed those beads yet!!  Very irresponsible. It appears it has NOT been reformulated as their own website still shows the ingredients with the plastic beads.

Contributor

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.  I'm sorely disappointed, and I'll wait to purchase until this product is reformulated!

Although, worrying about the environmental effects is important, I'm flabbergasted at how many consumers care more about that than what they are actually putting on their bodies or injesting.

If you look at the ingredients on 99% of Philosophy products, they are very toxic, carcinogenic.   You can easily check ewg (Environmental Working Group)/Skin deep online to see ratings and information on ingredients and products as a whole.  Between the sulfates, parabens and other chemicals and preservatives, I'm just very surprised hardly anyone cares about the long term affects of their OWN health.

Respected Contributor

I was a die hard Philosophy user. I've given it up and moved on to other products. Except for Purity. I just can't find a face cleanser I like as much.
Respected Contributor

@Rachb Have you ever tried Cetaphil? Your mileage may vary, of course, but I found it to be a good replacement for Purity when I was looking for something less expensive.

Respected Contributor

Cetaphil barely makes a dent in removing my makeup. And even if I wash my make-up free face, I felt like it left a film on my face. Just didn't feel clean at all.