Contributor

Re: Question About Nailtiques

StarChild I also use the Nailtiques Formula 2 on my weekly manicures. I always buy the smaller bottle because it does tend to get thick after awhile. Also there is no savings by buying the bigger bottle versus the smaller size, at CVS anyway.

Frequent Contributor

another long time nailtiques user here who will not be without formula 2.

i tried formula 1 and the weirdest thing happened. my nails had a grayish hue to them. i went back to formula 2 and it cleared up.

if you want to take your nailtiques results to the next level, apply the oil therapy once daily. long, strong, nails!!

edited to add - i do my own nails weekly and i start with a base coat of nailtiques 2, then one or 2 coats of a sheer pink/nude and one coat of seche vite top coat.

Respected Contributor

StarChild - I'm a Nailtiques convert, too, & started using Formula 2 several months ago. This is absolutely the best product ever & for the first time in my life I have nice nails. I'm just sticking with that & have no plans to step down to Formula 1.

Do whatever Lola says, she's the expert! Check out her NOTW (Nail of the Week) postings for her newest nail art.

Trusted Contributor

I've only been using Formula 2 for a couple of months and it has made an amazing difference. I'm having to cut my nails back!

Trusted Contributor

I've used Nailtique for about 10 years. I started with Formula 1 as I had no problems with my nails, I just wanted a good base for my nail polish. I think a salon used it on me on one of my very rare salon manicures. I just kept up with it out of habit.

Now I'm wondering if there is something cheaper that is just as effective for what I need it for? I don't need or even want my nails to grow any faster! It's a problem for me to keep them clipped and filed to the shorter, neater more popular look today.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

OPI Start to Finish is a base/top coat as well as thickener. It is not cheap either, though.