Valued Contributor

Question About Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Shades

I am really interested in maybe picking up Geller's TSV, but I've never used her Balance-N-Brighten foundation before. I'm trying to figure out what shade I would wear. I think I would be Fair, but many reviewers on other sites say that it was too dark for them. There is Porcelain, but I am a Soft Autumn, and I think it might be too cool toned for me. I have neutral skin tone. Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Question About Laura Geller Balance-N-Brighten Shades

Anybody responding would just be guessing, without actually seeing your skin and matching, you'll just have to guess.

I don't like it, it makes my face shiny and I don't prefer that look.

I like her blush, shadows and love her brushes but that's about it.

Trusted Contributor

I'm fair-skinned, not porcelin, & that foundation made my face look oddly "shaded". 

Respected Contributor

@grammarqueen  I am usually a light or light medium in foundation shades. I got the Balance n Brighten last year from a kit and they didn't have a light shade. So I ordered both Fair and Medium.  And the medium is way too dark.  The Fair worked for me.  So, from my experience, I think her foundation runs darker than other foundations found here.  

Trusted Contributor

I usually wear fair/light or more often light shades of foundation and ordered the fair a few TSV times. One was too dark, another perfect. It's a krap shoot with how many dark swirls you get. Light sounds like it would be too dark if you're considering the porcelain. I can use medium as contour myself ( unless I got one more heavily swirled with dark pigment) & I've tried two porcelain myself and both looked as white as baby powder on me. It's really for the fairest of the fair. ☺

Contributor

I am usually light in most foundations.  I use fair in the balance n brighten.  Works great for me .  My favorite foundation.  Easy to use and doesn't feel heavy on skin. 

Honored Contributor

Am at a loss for trying to find the right color foundation for me. I usually end up in the med range but find that is so yellow on my skin, so I go to fair or light. Got told once I was a warm tone---whaatttt????---I need to go to a make up place like Ulta or Sephora and have someone actually match my skin to a foundation--DD did that at the Philosphy counter and got the most perfect shade for her. They match the skin on your neck. That being said, I am using Gellers brighten and glow in a medium that looks great----tried IT celebration foundation in med and that was horrible-----????????

Esteemed Contributor

I am very fair with a cool tone and I use porcelain. The fair is too dark for me and too warm. i think you would use fair from your description. This is a great product because you can you it alone or layer it under or over other products. It lasts a long time. 

Respected Contributor

@grammarqueen I'm an Autumn-into-Winter, fair skinned, neutral tones. I've used the Fair Balance & Brighten for years with great success. It's never mattered what the contents of the compact were in terms of "swirls", it's always worked for me! There is no sparkle of any kind in the Balance & Brighten, either, and I've checked it both on my face and in the compact under many different lights. I'm 62, with some fine lines...no settling problems with B & B.

I've used so many compacts of this stuff, I've lost count...and I have 3 waiting in the wings!

Contributor

i also have a stock pile of this foundation. to the original question about the shades, i am a true golden med. with my skin tone, but the golden med, was to dark. i agree with some of the other comments it does run a little darker. may want to go a shade lighter, hope this helps. if u like it stock up, i am always worried about them changing there formulas, so if i like something i always stock up.