Honored Contributor

How does one know from brand to brand the quality of oils,be it argan, jojoba's, or any ?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I’ve used different oils through the years and IMO some of the cheaper ones work just as well as the inexpensive. I’ve used PTR, Josie, No. 7, Shea Moisture, and Enjoy to name a few. I’m trying to watch the price and not compromise my skin care. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

How does one know from brand to brand the quality of oils,be it argan, jojoba's, or any ?

@goldensrbest   I look for the least number of added ingredients. 

Honored Contributor

For instance lets talk argan oil, such a price difference.

Honored Contributor

aragn_oil_2016.jpgargan_pics.jpg 

(Slice of Nature) My favorite! For more information visit their website. 

Purchased several items on Amazon. Price is incredibly reasonable.

Honored Contributor

If I buy an oil then I make sure it is pure and has no other ingredient listed. Also, the bottle itself should be dark amber colored glass so that the oil is protected from light and from plastic contamination. A dropper rather than a pump is another thing to look for. Most pump mechanisms are not air tight and will allow residual oil to sit inside the pump itself which may not yield fresh oil...in other words the first pump of oil has most likely been exposed to air/light. 

In summary, the container an oil is stored in does make a difference in the quality of the oil.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

For instance lets talk argan oil, such a price difference. 

Failed to mention, My bottle is dark. More than sure as witnessed above along with mine we all have opinions. Very happy not only with the quality the price point.☺

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    Oil should be cold pressed and one ingredient whether Marula oil or Argan oil.  That's my rule of thumb and knowing the brand  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Am i the only one that notice the huge difference in prices of oils ,from one company to the other? Not talking about bottles being dark ,most are and we all know why. I mentioned argan oil ,just because of it is on here all the time.Man Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

Am i the only one that notice the huge difference in prices of oils ,from one company to the other? Not talking about bottles being dark ,most are and we all know why. I mentioned argan oil ,just because of it is on here all the time.Man Frustrated

@goldensrbest, they've become so popular that they have become considered a staple, right up their with other skincare and cosmetics.

And as with other skincare and cosmetics, prices vary from relatively inexpensive to mortgage-sized prices.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland